Chapter 37

A weekend in Mexico, why not?
Stiles and I told the sheriff that we were camping out, fortunately he doesn't know where.
I stand inside the nightclub awaiting for our plan to call through, its on of the stupidest and ridiculous plans I've ever heard of but Scott and Stiles insist on it.
I keep myself tightly pressed against some intoxicated stranger, I can't focus on anything but Derek.
The woman who owns this nightclub we believe may have him.
I keep this strange mans arms pressed against me trying to blend in.
I look around to keep my eyes on where Malia, Kira and Scott are.
"Can I buy you another drink?" The guy mutters into my ear, I spin around to face him.
"No, I just want to dance" I press my body even closer if that's possible.
"Sure, that fine by me" the stranger smiles at me with dirty thoughts obviously entering his eyes.
I notice the wandering security members, it must be time to kick some ass.
"I'm just going to the bathroom, here dance with them over there. They're my friends" I wink at the man as I gesture over to Kira and Malia whom are dancing with each other and are surrounded by other sweaty bodies.
I slip away, I grab one of the guards arms pulling him into a hallway.
He grapples onto his gun but I sink my claws into his shoulder, I send my the fist into his face knocking him to the floor. I cringe as I spot I may have punched too hard causing him to break his nose.
I pick up the gun pushing it into my bush near by, I can't hide on me since I'm in skin tight jeans and a crop top; it'd be pretty clear to see if I did.
I send another guard into a nearby wall as I realise Scott, Malia and Kira are going to find Derek.
I join them tagging along at the back.
I shift into full wolf form to gain better sense of my smell.
I nudge Scott's hand with my head when I notice a cloud of smoke filling the hallway.
"It's wolfsbane! Kira get out of here! Look out!" Scott barks, I cough and shake my head vigorously.
I flail back into my human form holding onto my chest, my lungs burn and I can't quit coughing.
The owner walks out into view.
"Someone who's only been an alpha for a few months should be more careful when facing a hunter of forty years." The Calavera woman warns us.
"All we want is Derek." Scott pleads, I close my eyes and groan.
"Please" I beg,
"Ah, you must be the mate of the Hale member well, you're a long way from home." The woman towers over us.
"You don't know where he is either" Scott realises, my heart skips a beat and I almost faint.
This all started around two weeks back, I had an excruciating pain in my chest from the bond and that's when we realised Derek was missing. He can't be dead but I'm sure It would've felt much worst but it was painful almost as painful as when he left.
I searched with Scott until we found the shells marked with these hunters sign. The Calaveras.
We tried to use Lydia to see if Derek's dead but she felt confused; she felt he wasn't dead nor alive.
Being the wolves the Calavera woman tasered both of us to unconsciousness.
I wake up before Scott does, I bolt to my feet and growl under my breath.
"You're awake!" Stiles embraces me, I hug him tightly back.
After a few weeks of Malia training with us I haven't been able to spend much time with stiles so a moment like this is better than none.
"Where's Lydia?" My eyes search around the filthy bathroom,
"They took her" Kira informs me.
I roll my eyes and storm towards the door, I use all my force to open it as scott wakes up.
"There's no use, we already tried" Stiles scratches the back of his head walking towards me, Scott tries to help me open the door.
"I say next time the door opens we take out whoever's there and make a run for it" Malia suggests.
"What about Lydia?" Scott asks,
"What about her?" Malia furrows her eyebrows, did I forget to mention Malia isn't the nicest of souls yet.
"We're not leaving without her" I argue,
"Why not?" Malia questions our actions once again as per usual.
Believe me I love the girl, she's funny and she seems to like stiles a lot which makes me happy but we have to work on her people skills.
"Because we don't leave without people, remember we talked about this, rules of the wild kingdom don't imply to friends" Stiles steps in.
"Is that would you'd do as a coyote leave her for dead?" Kira ask Malia.
"If she was weak and injured, yeah, if the hunters had been bad that season then I would eat her. Then I'd leave" Malia admits,
"Believe or not, that's progress" I mention.
"This is perfect! We're stuck in a bathroom, Lydia is with the hunters and we still don't have any clue of where Derek is" I slouch down onto the floor.
"Well, we're not dead yet. That means they want something" Scott points out the bright side.
"But if the Calaveras don't know where Derek is, that means they didn't take him from the loft right?" Kira faces Scott. I bury my head in my hands and sigh longingly.
"Maybe he left on his own" Stiles suggests.
"No, he wouldn't do that. I had the feeling I first had when he first left but I got to him in time to say goodbye. This time it was worst and I didn't get to him in time, he would've waited to say goodbye if he was leaving. Someone has taken him, I don't know if I'm right but I have a feeling. A strong one that he didn't just get up and leave." I notify everyone, Scott agrees with me.
"She's right, someone else could've gotten to him"
Suddenly the doors swing open, three men two with guns enter.
I shift as fast as I can, the guy tasers Scott. I lunge forward only to be shot.
I fall to the ground as multiple bullets impale my flesh, I turn back to human.
I crawl backward into a corner, I ignore stiles and Malia.
Blood pours out of me, I dig my claws into my wounds ripping out the bullets.
I wince and whine as I do, tears pouring down my face.
Stiles tries to use Malia to focus as I'm a little busy, I quit my whining as I'm numbed when I notice the way Malia focuses herself is by kissing stiles.
I look away pulling the last bullet from my stomach, a large wash of relief floods me as I feel myself heal.
At least the bullets weren't wolfsbane.
"Ira, you okay?" Stiles asks me.
I nod my head slowly as I keep my eyes closed.
I really could use some sleep, I haven't been sleeping well at all with the constant feeling of Derek's faint pain in my chest.
"We have a problem, Kate is back." Stiles informs me.
My eyes shoot open whilst my jaw drops, Kate Argent.
Allison's aunt, When I first turned a while ago Derek explained what happened between Kate Argent, Peter and everyone a few months before I arrived at beacon hills.
Kate Argent was, is, a sociopath, who's actions ended her life by Peter ripping out her throat.
The doors open again.
This time we are let go, we have to find Kate. Then we'll find Derek.
Our guide turns out to be the same girl who helped isaac, her names Braeden.
I'd rather not be crammed into the car again so I shift into a wolf.
I hated the drive up here and in weather like this I prefer to run.
I follow close behind the jeep as they discuss Kate Argent.
The breeze fingers through my coat, I come to a halt as the jeep does.
I breath quick dog like pants,
"What happened?" Braeden asks stopping as well,
"I don't know it felt like we hit something" Stiles looks under the jeep.
"Scott, we need to get there by night it's too dangerous otherwise" Braeden raises her voice alarmingly,
"Go," Stiles gestures to Braeden,
"not without you" Scott refuses.
"Dude, someone has to find Derek. We'll think of something we always do, just go." Stiles demands, I step in front of stiles protectively. "See, we have Ira, if anything bad happens she can find you or help us" Stiles touches my head, in between my ears. I Shake him off, I don't like to be petted.
I smile as Kira and Scott embrace, I roll onto my back scratching myself in the dust.
"Stiles, I don't think we hit something. I think something hit us" Malia pulls out a small bone like dagger, I lift myself upwards using my paws on the jeeps side.
"Don't scratch it" Stiles pleads to me.
Stiles takes the knife from Malia.
"Ira, keep an eye out" Stiles warns me as it gets dark. Stiles opens his jeep and tries to fix anything damaged under the hood.
A chilling feeling overwhelms me, my eyes scan the distance.
I nuzzle Malia's leg, she looks down at me.
"I know, we aren't alone" Malia turns back to face stiles. "Work faster, Stiles. There's something here with us."
As every minute passes it gets darker, I try to use my wolf vision as night vision but even in this darkness it's hard.
"We should've brought another flash light" Malia grumbles, Kira stumbles backwards and places her sword in front of the flashlights.
She channels her light energy to create a focused light.
We spot a figure in behind a large boulder.
"Can you see that?" Kira's voice is nervous and shaky.
Malia growls and sprints towards it.
"Malia wait!" Kira calls after her.
I look back at stiles, I nod my head as he concerned look begs me to go after her.
I pounce into action chasing the coyote, I find her fighting a large creature. She whimpers as it injures her. I leap forward attacking it but something sharp scratches me, and it's deep.
I bite down on Malia's t-shirt pulling her back, she sighs and we join Kira whom stands alone in the dark.
The sound of stiles' jeep forces us to go back.
I shift back into human form to reveal the cut is much worse than before.
"She's hurt, help her" I push Malia forward, I turn to attend my wound.
It's not healing well, the scratch is from rib cage all the way down to my hip, it's deep and pumping out blood.
We all climb into the car.
"You don't ever do that again" Stiles scolds Malia,
"Do what?!" Malia exclaims.
"I thought you just took off, I thought you were running" Stiles admits
"I was running!" Malia argues clearly not understanding stiles.
"No I mean, I thought you were leaving." Stiles sighs,
"I wouldn't leave without you" Malia's voice is calmer now, she keeps her eyes on stiles.
"Really?"
"No, I would never leave without you. Them I'd leave, maybe not Ira." Malia looks back at me.
"Ira, you're hurt pretty bad" Kira whispers as Lydia rolls her eyes.
"I'll heal" I grunt applying more pressure onto it.
"That doesn't look very good" Lydia brings up Malia's cut.
"It's okay, I can feel it healing." Malia assures everyone,
"Didn't see anything?" Lydia turns to me and Malia this time.
"Barely, it had a strong scent though" Malia leans backwards to talk to Lydia.
"Like what?" Stiles asks.
"Like Death" I mumble.
The rest of the car ride is in silence.
My head twitches, a faint alpha roar echoes over the barren.
"It's scott" I whisper.
"I heard it too" Malia confirms. We pull up outside the church.
Derek scent is clear as Scott and Braeden bring him out.
I drag myself from the car, I stagger forward only to freeze.
"Derek?" I gasp. Derek isn't the Derek we know. He's younger, probably fifteen/sixteen.
"Do I know you?" He raises his head.
My head feels light, I away on my feet only to fall fainting with either shock or loss of blood.