Chapter 9

When Scott wakes up we head back to Derek's.
"Tonight was a failure, you were almost killed and another victim was slashed open by Jackson" Derek sighs.
"What are you saying?" Scott asks as we walk.
"I'm saying we need a new plan because next time, one of us is going to be to hurt to heal" Derek sits down,
"I get it, we can't save Jackson." Scott leans against a pole and faces Derek.
"We can't seem to kill him either, I've seen a lot of things, I've never seen anything like this. The full moon is just going to make him stronger" Derek looks down at the ground.
"Then how do we stop him?" I speak up,
"I don't know, I don't even know if we can" Derek admits,
"Maybe we should just let the argents handle it" Scott suggests.
"I'm the one who turned him, it's my fault" Derek says honestly, I close my eyes and shake my head.
"You didn't mean for him to turn out this way, the Kanima is his own fault something to do in his past" I assure Derek,
"It's a legend in a book it's not that simple!" Derek proclaims.
"What do you mean what are you not telling me?" Scott asks.
"Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?"Derek asks
"Because you always are keeping something from me!" Scott argues.
"Well maybe I do it to protect you, all of you" Derek looks between me and Scott.
"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asks.
"Go home Scott, sleep, heal. Make sure your friends are safe. The full moon is coming, the way things are going I've got a feeling it's going to be a rough one" Derek sighs.
Scott leaves as suggested.
I kneel down in front of Derek and take his chin in my hand.
"I'll try my best to do my best, I'm not going to make the full moon any harder for you. I'll help as much I can. You're just going to have to show me how to control it when the time comes" I lower my voice, Derek nods, he leans forward and captures his lips in mine.
I pull away and rest my forehead on his.
"I should get some sleep" I whisper, Derek steals one more kiss before I get up and leave.
I sneak back into the house and collapse on my bed.
In the morning I wake up to a text from Derek, I shower and change before heading to the shops, I buy Lydia a birthday present and do some grocery shopping for my dad.
By midday I drop Lydia's present round then head to Derek's.
We all gather around his brown leather chest, he opens it and Isaac notices the marking on the lid.
I realise it's the same marking as the tattoo on Derek's back.
"What is that?" Isaac asks as he leans down to trace it.
"It's a triskelay, spirals mean different things, past, present, future, mother, father, child" Boyd explains
"Know what it means to me?" Derek asks
"Alpha, beta, omega" Boyd guesses.
"That's right" Derek nods.
"It's a spiral it reminds us that we can rise to one and fall to another, betas can become alphas but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas" Derek explains.
"what like Scott?" Isaac asks,
"Scott's with us" Derek corrects Isaac.
"Really? Where is he now?" Isaac asks.
"He's looking for Jackson, don't worry he's not going to have it easy tonight either, none of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power, you get the ability to heal but tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find" Derek notifies us.
"Good thing I had my period last week then" Erica jokes, Derek hold up a head band chain.
"Well this ones for you" he informs her, I laugh and stare at Erica.
"Oh don't worry, Ira. You have one too" Derek picks up the second one, I stop laughing and touch my head.
Suddenly my phone rings.
"Hello?" I answer as I walk away from the pack.
"Don't make any plans tonight, it's dad and daughter night!" My dad asks, I roll my eyes.
"I can't it's one of my best friends birthday party, you know Lydia. I have to go I'm sorry." I lie, how can tonight be dad and daughter night?! Every night is dad and daughter night in our household.
"Oh okay, well I'll be at the station all day if you need me" he tells me.
"Okay dad, bye" I hang up and walk back over to Derek.
"Well sunset is in a couple hours so we should get you chained up" Derek chains the boys then Erica then me.
"What if we break free?" Boyd asks Derek
"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here, probably try to kill me then kill each other then kill anything else with a heart beat" Derek informs us.
"Thanks for sugar coating it" I say sarcastically.
"How come the girls gets the head band thing?" Isaac asks
"They'll be able to withstand more pain than you" Derek admits.
"I've got an extra one if you really want it" Derek tells Isaac.
"I'll pass" Isaac decides.
Isaac holds down Erica as Derek places the head band on her.
I wince as she screams out in pain.
"Derek do I really have to have one?"
I ask as I watch blood trickle down Erica's forehead.
"It'd be for the best" Derek gets the other one ready for me.
"Please Derek, I don't need it, dig nails into me just not the head band" I beg, Derek sighs.
"Please don't do this, Ira" Derek pleads.
I put on puppy dog eyes and my bottom lip starts to shake.
"Fine but you have to promise to try your hardest to control yourself" Derek whispers. I nod and they just place the normal chains on me.
Suddenly a pain and a thirst erupt inside of me, I scream an ear piercing scream and then try to pull at the chains.
"How do you not feel this?" Isaac asks Derek, I calm myself enough to stop screaming.
"I feel every second of it" Derek admits.
"Then how do you control it?" I whine.
"Find an Anchor, something meaningful to you bind yourself to it, keeps the human side in control" Derek explains.
"What is it for you?" Isaac asks. I watch Derek's eyes glance to me for a millisecond.
"Anger, it doesn't have to be that for everybody" Derek informs us.
"You mean Scott?" I ask
"Yeah, alright that should do it" Derek nods as he checks Isaac's chains.
I stare at Derek, suddenly growling erupts from the back of the bus.
"Derek" I moan, I feel myself changing, my eyes glow, my claws grow as do my fangs, but unlike the others of feel something else happen.
My bones click, my joints shift, I roar loudly as I find myself moving to the floor.
Derek stares at me in disbelief.
"That's impossible, No ones done that in a while, that's extremely rare. Ira you're a full shape shifter" Derek informs me, I growl and look down at my feet, my paws!
I look towards the window, to see a reflection of a wolf.
I roar again and scratch at the ground, the chains shake around my wolf like figure.
Erica and Boyd growl towards me, Derek and Isaac.
Erica, Boyd and Isaac growl and roar as they transform, I growl and scratch at the chains.
I watch Erica escape, i scrounge and snap at her as she attacks Derek.
Wait, Derek.
I watch as Boyd, Erica and Isaac all escape.
I close my eyes and suddenly feel the transformation again, I raise to my human feet and break off the chains.
"Derek!" I call out, I grow my fangs and claws and attack Erica.
I throw her to the floor and scratch her along the chest. I send my fist into her face and then swing back wards to pull Boyd off Derek.
I fail with Boyd and Erica takes the chance to switch positions, she snaps and growls at me trying to attacking me.
I send my claws through her stomach and throw her across the room.
Derek head butts Boyd and helps me with Erica by chaining her back up.
Boyd goes to run off but I grab his t-shirt and pull him back, Isaac returns and pins Boyd down.
I punch Boyd in the face instantly knocking him unconscious.
Isaac nods at me and Derek, Derek nods back.
"Derek, chain me up" I beg as I feel my transformation again, I collapse to the floor and watch myself change in the window.
Derek grabs me by the scruff my of neck and chains me again.
I calm myself again using my anchor, Derek.
I touch his face and smile.
"Looks like you found anchors" he says as he goes to chain Isaac back up.
"My father" Isaac admits.
"You're father locked you in a freezer in your basement to punish you." Derek reminds him.
"He didn't use to" Isaac smiles slightly.
Derek moves to face me, he helps me stand swiftly moving the chains to fit my now human form.
"The only person I've ever seen that transforms into a full wolf is my mother. It's extremely rare and amazing that you can shape shift completely. I see I am your anchor as well" Derek holds onto the side of my neck.
"Yeah, it's you" I blush, Derek kisses my forehead and leaves us.
I tap my claws on the metal pole out of boredom as I feel the power flow through me.
Suddenly I feel a pain in my chest, something's wrong, where's Derek gone.