Chapter 10

The pain in my chest grows so large, I shift completely back to human.
I break the chains and sprint off towards the woods, the closer I get the less the pain, the further away it grows more painful.
I soon reach Derek, he's laid on the floor in an abandoned rotten house.
Only a few minutes later the vet from the animal clinic arrives.
"I've tried waking him but it's not working, please help" I beg as I hold Derek, trying to wake him.
The vet tries his best then gets out a whistle,
"Cover your ears, this is very painful with wolf enhanced hearing" he warns me, I hold my head as he blows the whistle.
I wince and try not to scream as the noise rings around my head.
Derek awakens,
"That sound, what was it?" Derek asks groggily.
The vet holds up the whistle, Derek tries to get up, we have to steady him.
"You're going to be weak for several hours" the vet informs Derek.
"What happened Derek?" I ask as he looks down at his arm.
"My psychotic uncle, I think Lydia brought him back to life using me" he explains.
"Don't worry, you're still an alpha bit as usual not a particularly Competent one" the vet places the whistle back over his head.
"Where is he?" Derek asks,
"I wish I could tell you" the vet doesn't want to give up the information.
I sigh.
"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here and why you're helping me?!" Derek grows intimidating.
"Helping your family used to actually be a pretty important part of my life, helping you was a promise I made to your mother" the vet explains.
"The one my sister talked about, she said you're some kind of advisor" Derek notifies him, I lean against the broken stairwell.
"She was right, and I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price, he'll be physically weak so he'll rely on his intelligence, he's cunning and he's gonna come at you Derek, he'll try to twist his way inside your head, praying in your insecurities, on her, he'll tell you that he is the only way you can stop Gerard, don't trust him" the vet warns Derek.
"I don't trust anyone" Derek admits, I fold my arms across my chest and frown slightly.
"I know, if you did you might be the alpha you like to think you are. unfortunately the only person you should trust doesn't trust you at all" the vet informs him,
"Scott" I speak up.
"He's with Stilinski right now, you need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time, he always has a plan, and something's telling me it's going exactly the way he wants it." the vet stares down at the gaping hole in the floor.
I grab Derek's arm and tug at him, I transform into a wolf form which surprises the vet, then I take off in a high sprint on all four paws.
Derek follows closely behind me as I use my enhanced senses to track Scott.
We arrive at the sheriffs station, I change back to a human form then we walk through the door.
"Derek" I gasp as I feel a slash across the back of my neck, the Kanima aka Jackson does the same to Derek then holds us up until the door opens.
We fall forward, side by side, paralysis is the worst.
"So this is the one controlling him? This kid?" Derek asks as Matt hovers above his face.
"Well Derek not everyone's lucky enough to be a big bad werewolf, Oh yeah that's right! I've learned a few things, werewolves, hunters, Kanimas, it's like a fricking Halloween party every full moon. except for you stiles, what do you turn into?" Matt smirks,
"The abominable snowman, but it's more of a winter time thing, you know seasonal" stiles says sarcastically, I close my eyes as they cut the back of his neck and he falls on top of Derek.
"Bitch" stiles murmurs as he falls.
"I feel your uncomfortableness" I tell the guys, I try to hold in a laugh.
"Get him off of me" Derek grunts.
"Oh I don't know, Derek, I think you two make a pretty good pair. It must suck though having all that power taken away from you with just a little cut on the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless" Matt leans towards Derek.
"Still got some teeth, just come a little closer and we'll see how helpless I am" Derek mutters.
"Yeah bitch" stiles manages to say.
"Please just get him off of him, it's my...boyfriend that stiles is laying on and it'd appreciated" I looks at Matt, matt smirks and shakes his head.
"Boyfriend?!" Scott and stiles both exclaim,
"Not explaining now" I grunt.
Suddenly Scott's mother pulls up outside.
"Is that her? Do what I tell you too and I won't hurt her, I won't even let Jackson near her" Matt stands up.
"Scott don't trust him!" Stiles calls out.
Matt grabs stiles and pulls him off Derek, he places his foot on Stiles's throat.
"This work better for you?" Matt asks.
"Okay, just stop! Stop!" Scott raises his voice, I wish I could do something!
"Then do what I tell you too!" Matt yells,
"Okay, alright. Stop!" Scott gives in, Matt takes his foot off Stiles allowing him to breathe.
"You take them in there, you with me" Matt orders, Jackson takes Derek, Stiles and I into another room.
We wait patiently, I wince as I hear a gun shot.
Scott and Matt enter the room.
Matt explains how he wants the beastery because he's turning into the Kanima.
"Hey, you know what's happening to Matt?" Stiles whispers to Derek.
"The books not gonna help him, he can't just break the rules not like this" Derek mutters.
"What do you mean?" I squeeze into the conversation.
"Universe balances things out, always does" Derek's eyes wonder over to me.
"Is it because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?" Stiles asks
"And killing people himself" Derek adds on.
"So if Matt breaks the rules, the Kanima, he becomes the Kanima?" I whisper
"Balance" Derek confirms it.
"Will he believe us if we tell him that?" Stiles asks.
"Not likely" Derek says honestly.
"Okay, he's going to kill all of us when he gets that book isn't he?" I mumble.
"Yeah" Derek nods slightly.
"Alright so what do we do? Do we just sit here and wait to die?" Stiles asks
"Unless I can find a way to push the toxin out of my body quicker, like triggering the healing process. Ira you can too" Derek digs his claws into his thigh, I have my hand on my stomach so I dig my claws into my stomach as much as I can.
"Gross" stiles closes his eyes.
We wait a while longer until an alarm goes off and multiple gun shots get fired.
I growl as I try to trigger the healing process as fast as I can.
Scott takes stiles first as they try to escape.
"Thanks a lot" I call out.
"You can heal, stiles can't, don't cry over it" Derek tells me.
"Oh shut it" I snap.
Fortunately I manage to move my body fully, I only half transform by growing my claws fangs and glow my eyes.
"Stay away from Jackson" Derek warns me.
I run forwards and bump into Allison.
"Stay away Ira" she warns as she busts past me.
I growl at her, she sends an arrow through my leg to slow me down.
I pull the arrow head out and stumble forward as it heals.
I've got to warn Derek.
"Derek the argents are here" I sprint over to him.
I hear a scream, I sprint to Scott's mom.
I arrive to see stiles father on the floor, stiles on the floor and Matt talking to Allison's mother.
Derek stands behind me.
"Get the mom" he whispers through bared teeth.
Derek attacks the Kanima, I sprint forward and grab the keys.
"I'm going to get you out" I say as I relax my wolf features.
Scott comes over and attacks the Kanima, his mother sees he is one of us.
"No" she cries as I unlock the door,
"It's okay, Scott's a wolf, so am I. We won't hurt you, let's just get you out of here" I take her arm and lean down to Stiles's father.
"Sheriff Stilinski, wake up, someone help me! Sheriff wake up" I nudge him, he looks at me then falls unconscious again.
"For the love of God" I roll my eyes,
"Get out of here, find Scott!" I order Scott's mother, she leaves the room and I stay with Stiles's father.