Chapter 17

Stiles pulls up and runs inside,
"Oh my god" stiles stares at the dead body and my blood soaked clothes, I bite my lip to stop myself from crying again.
I rise to my feet and wrap my arms tightly around Stiles's torso. Stiles slides one arm around me then pull out his phone with the other.
"I need to phone my dad" stiles dials the sheriff and cop cars soon fill the road side.
"I need to tell, Derek, I need to warn him" I muffle through the embrace.
"You need to calm down, tell me what happened and try and make something up for when the cops interview you" Stiles informs me, I shake my head.
"I can't talk to them, I have to tell Derek" I shake my head, I notice Stiles's father staring at us with concern.
"Just tell me what happened and then you can make a run for it" stiles whispers, I take his hand and pull him into the dining room.
"Deucalion came here with the alpha pack, he warned me that if I didn't convince Derek to join the pack that everyone would die the way my father did. I have tell Derek. I have to warn him. Stiles, they killed him right in front of me, he knew I lied to him before he died" I break out in tears again.
"It's okay, you can tell Derek. Just tell the cops that it was an animal attack, your dad was unconscious on the floor and you walked in on a coyote about to rip at him." stiles suggests, I wipe away my tears and nod, stiles walks out so I shift into a wolf form then take off towards Derek's house.
I arrive to see everyone, including Scott are there.
"What's wrong?" Derek asks me as he notices my tear filled eyes as I shift back to a human.
I shake my head and wrap my arms around myself.
"They killed my dad, they said that's what will happen to everyone if you don't join them. Derek, Deucalion killed my dad, ripped his throat out." I realise I'm still in the blood soaked clothes.
"We're going after them, I promise you can avenge your dad once we get them." Derek swears it.
"Cora can you lend Ira some clothes that aren't covered in her father blood" Derek asks his sister, she sighs but takes me to change clothes.
I walk over to the table where the map lays.
"There one floor above them in the pent house, right above Allison" Derek informs us.
"So kill them first, that's the plan?" Scott looks around at us all.
"They won't even see it coming" Boyd agrees
"Why's the default plan always murder? Just once can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?" Scott asks
"Never get tired of being so blandly moral do you? Not that I disagree with him" Peter mumbles to Derek.
"I do, why do we need this kid?" Cora snarls her top lip.
"This kid helped save your life, and you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the next move I mean look what they did to Iras father" Derek explains.
"You can't beat a pack of alphas" Scott mentions
"That's why we are going after Deucalion, just him" Cora corrects him
"cut off the head of the snake and the body dies" Boyd's theory.
"This isn't a snake, it's a hydra and like Scott says, they're all alphas" I speak up.
"Deucalion is still the leader" Derek looks over at me.
"Let's hope so, because do you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the hydra?" Peter asks Derek.
"Two more grew back in its place" I answer for him.
I lean against the wall as they go over the plan a couple times, I don't dare go home afterwards.
I sit on Derek's bed silently and wait around as Derek, Cora and Peter get ready.
What Scott doesn't know is that we are going along with him even when he said he'd go alone.
We head there and hide, waiting for the appearance.
I glare at Deucalion as he stands alone on the escalators. I can't just sit and do nothing, I grow my canines and claws as Scott shows.
"You didn't come alone" Deucalion tells Scott.
"Yeah. This is Isaac" Scott gestures to Isaac.
"I'm not talking about Isaac" Deucalion says flatly, that's when Derek, Cora, Boyd and I show ourselves.
"You knew I'd do this, Derek don't, you don't do this and no one gets hurt. if someone else dies..." Scott gets interrupted.
"Him, just him." Derek hates Deucalion as much as I do.
"Just me? Now how's a blind man find his way into a place like this? All on his own?" Deucalion signals that the others are here, I growl under my breath when Kali, Ennis, Aiden and his twin Ethan show.
Derek is the first man to spring into action, he charges to Deucalion but Kali takes her bite of Derek first.
The twins jump down to us and form their mega wolf by combining into each other.
I leap towards Deucalion and Ennis takes on me, fortunately Boyd joins my side.
I slash across Ennis face aiming for his neck, I roar and grab Ennis, Boyd throws the punches as I slash.
Kali grabs me and throws me to the side, she digs her claws into my side as she does.
I lay limp on the floor, Ennis walks over to me and presses his foot down onto my back, I wince as he applies enough force to break a couple ribs.
"Kill him!" Deucalion catches all of our attention, "the others can go" decualion wants Derek to kill the helpless Boyd, he starts to walk down the escalators. "You're beaten, do it, Derek. Take the first step" Deucalion demands.
"Are you serious with this kid, look at him. He's an alpha? To what? A couple useless teenagers." Kali looks Derek up and down.
"Some have more promise than others" Deucalion looks in the direction of Scott. ironic since he's blind.
"Let him ride to the occasion then. What will it be Derek, pack or family?" Carly presses her ugly fat foot on Cora's neck.
Derek looks around, struggle under Ennis force.
As if almost perfect timing an arrow flies across the air and into the twins separating them.
I close my eyes when it notice their flash arrow heads. I escapes Ennis grasp and rise to my feet.
Cora takes Boyd away from the equation, Scott and Ennis take each other on and I aim for Kali.
I pierce my claws into her chest then throw her towards Deucalion, Deucalion frowns at his Wolfy friend.
I sneer but it's soon replaced with a look of shock as Derek and Ennis start to fall, fall to their deaths.
"No..." I whisper so quietly only a wolf would be able to hear.
I run towards Scott and look over the edge.
"We have to get out of here" Isaac tells us, Scott drags me away as we escape.
Two loved ones in one day, unfortunate luck.
I go back to Derek's loft with Cora, I curl up on his bed and silently tears fall down my pale cheeks.
My chest aches, aches like never before.
Peter walks over to me and sits on the end of the bed.
"The bond, I mentioned it earlier. The pain you're feeling right now is so much because you and Derek have the bond. You can sense when each other are in danger or are hurt, after a year or so of being together you'll be able to tell any emotion the other is feeling. The reason why you have the bond is because of a extremely one in a million kind of rare thing, you two are mates, only werewolves can be mates not humans. You two had the bond the first moment you met but as soon as Derek turned you, the bond grew into a mates bond. That is what I was talking about" Peter stands up without another word then leaves the loft to go back to his apartment.
Derek and I were mates, now I'm just a lonely orphan.
A lonely orphan who wants Deucalion and the rest of the alpha pack dead.
I fall unconscious after a while then in the morning stiles texts me reminding me of the cross country meet
"I'll be back tomorrow, if I don't return home. Cora, I'm so sorry. I can't image how your feeling" I bite my tongue to stop any more rambling
"It's fine, I can't imagine how it feels to have your mate ripped away from you either" Cora nods, I leave and break back into my house.
They've taken the body and I'm reported as a missing person/witness.
I don't want to talk to the cops, not yet, I pack a small bag of things for the meet then I leave a hand written note outside Stilinski's house explaining everything that happened, that stiles told me to say. I also add on that I'm at the meet and will be back in a couple days.
I make my way to school then as we load onto the bus I sit near the middle, away from everyone; Isaac, Boyd, Aiden and Scott.
I stare out the window, the sky is stormy and grey.
Last night Scott received a nasty scratch across his torso last night, from the looks of him it isn't healing well.
It's odd, my ribs healed and so did the claw marks, why isn't Scott healing, perhaps because his injury is much worse?
I lean my back against the window and prop my feet up, I hate bus rides...
I plug my earphones in and start to play some music.
I try to keep my mind off Derek, off what happened last night.
I grunt as we hit traffic causing the bus to halt. I look back at stiles and Scott before I text stiles.
Me: how's McCall doing?
Stiles: not good, he's bleeding again
Me: why isn't he healing?
Stiles: I don't know yet
I place my phone back in my pocket and switch my attention to Boyd.
I get up and walk to the back, I lean over to Scott.
"Got a problem with the other betas on this bus" I nod towards Boyd before returning to my seat.
I try to keep myself calm as I try not to focus on the twin alpha a couple seats back.
Scott stumbles forwards and grabs onto Boyd's wrist.
"Let go" Boyd grunts, Scott doesn't release his grip.
"You got a plan? Tell me your brilliant plan and I'll let go, what are you gonna do? Kill him right here and then what?what are you going to do after that?" Scott kneels beside Boyd.
"I don't care" Boyd lunges towards Ethan but Scott keeps him in his seat.
"I do" Scott argues, Isaac leans over and points out Scott's torso.
That injury is like a slap to the face with Boyd, he calms down and leans back.
"I'm fine" Scott believes that, the rest of us don't. "Give me a chance to figure something out, that doesn't involve someone else dying" Scott pleads, Boyd nods and allows Scott.
This is going to be a one exciting road trip.
My phone dies a few minutes later, I groan and take out my headphones, I look over at coach.
"Coach, when can I charge my phone?" I ask, coach looks at me and gestures towards the traffic.
"Um I don't know, Salvador." He says harshly, I roll my eyes when suddenly I hear two text tones going off continually. I look behind me to stiles, then a spam of Danny's text tone constantly rings through the air.
Could this bus ride get anymore annoying?
I glare at coach as he starts ranting to jared about throwing up, the boys travel sick and if he throws up because of coach I will refuse to get back on the bus.
"And for the rest of you don't you think we are going to miss this meet because of a traffic jam or a minor tornado warning! Jared. We're gonna make this thing, nothing's going to stop us! Stilinski put you hand down!" Coach raises his voice, I don't bother to turn to look at stiles.
"You know there's like a food exit about a half a mile up, I don't know if we stop then maybe..." Stiles gets cut off by coach, over and over again. By his whistle. Actually.
Stiles tries to reason with coach after taking a call, Lydia and Allison I presume he talked to since they've been following us. I can't believe Scott didn't notice.
I laugh quietly at stiles as he frustratedly argues with coaches whistle, stiles defeated sits back down but beside me, our eyes meet.
"We need to get off this bus, Scott is bleeding black blood, he needs help" stiles murmurs, I look towards jared then back at stiles. Stiles gets my bright idea and moves next to jared.
Only a few seconds pass and our ever so clever stiles manages to get jared to vomit all over the bus.
I gag and run to the back of the bus, I look at Scott and wince. I try to ignore the sensation to stare at his bleeding black wound so I try and lighten the mood.
"The smell is so much worse for us" I nudge his arm, coach forces the driver to pull over.
We all evacuate the bus before taking Scott over to Allison and Lydia.
"Stay out here" stiles tells me as he and Allison take Scott into the restroom, I bite my lip anxiously as I wait for the four to emerge again.
Lydia and stiles come back out and stiles notifies me on Scott's wound, I shudder when I hear that Allison is going to stitch him up.
We have to wait a few minutes while the bus is being cleaned, I look at Stiles and Lydia when coach yells that we have to board the bus again.
My worries change when Issac attacks Ethan, I sprint towards the two boys and push through the newly forming crowd.
"Issac, don't" I don't sound very concerned, why would I be? Ethan's pack is the cause for Derek's death.
"Get Scott!" I yell to stiles, I try to pull Issac off Ethan but he just pushes me away. I don't try again, let Ethan get the beating he deserves.
I freeze when Scott arrives, Looking better than before fortunately, Scott yells issacs name and Issac stops.
I grab issacs forearm when everyone starts to get on the bus after Ethan is cleaned up.
"Issac, what was that?" I whisper, Issac looks at me and shakes his head. I sigh and step onto the bus, "sit with me, please" I murmur, Issac hesitates but sits with me anyway.
I smile slightly at him.
"It's good to talk it out, you know." I assure him, Isaac sighs and looks down at his feet.
"I don't want to talk about Derek, or last night. or what just happened." Isaac mumbles, I nod and takes his hand in mine giving it a squeeze.
"How about we just talk like normal people then?" I joke, we are no where near normal people.
Isaac and I talk the next couple hours then he switches seats to go back to Boyd, I try to sleep as the sun sets.
We have to pull over at a motel, I jump out the of the bus and look up at the hell hole we are meant to be staying in...