Chapter 52

I woke up to see the sheriff above me, I smile grimly lifting my hand up to where I was hit, I feel the dried blood on my forehead but fortunately I've healed.
"Thank god I only have to worry about one child getting hurt..." The sheriff mutters as he remembers I heal.
"What happened?" I lift myself up pushing myself to my feet.
"Donovan got away." He sighs, I shake my head looking around with fear.
"No, he didn't get away...He was taken." I pace around the cell, the sheriff looks at me.
"Let me guess...Three guys in masks? Malia was just talking about them." The sheriff follows me with his eyes, I stop staring at nothing in particular.
"Yeah. Three guys, they didn't seem human, I would've smelt it." I mutter fumbling with my own fingers.
Speaking of sense of smell...Stress, concern, anger, and much more is radiating wildly off the sheriff.
"Are you okay? The chemo-signals coming off you are the worst smell beside stiles' anxiety." I try to lightly joke about it but he just sits down burying his head in his hands. "Hey, hey. It's going to be okay. It always is no matter what goes wrong." I sit beside him wrapping my arms around his waist.
"Yeah, well..." the sheriff's words drift off and he shakes his head.
"Come on, you've probably got work to do or you need to go home. Where are the others?" I breath in deeply to catch a strong repelling scent of blood.
"At the hospital, Lydia was hurt. That girl was a Kanima...? Anyway she stabbed Lydia with her tail and she's been rushed into hospital." Another wash of worry comes from the sheriff.
"Okay, I'll go visit them." I rush out of the station before sprinting to the hospital.
I make it in time for Melissa to approach us with news.
"What happened are you alright?" Stiles hugs me tightly before touching my head where the dry blood still sits.
"I'm fine, it healed. How's Lydia?" I brush his worry for me to the side, before Melissa calls out his name catching his attention.
"How bad is it?" Stiles asks, the anxiety off him reeks not that I'm not already used to it.
"It could've been worst. Theo, you probably saved her life with what you did." Melissa thanks theo before turning around to face us. "She's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?" Melissa questions,
"There was a tail..." Kira brings up.
"Tracy cut her with the tail if that makes a difference." Scott informs his mum, Melissa nods her head briefly before leaving us be.
"But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others. The guys in the masks." Malia mentions, my head snaps up in attention.
How could I forgot about them...
"I saw them too, they were after Donovan." I back her up, I watch Scott and stiles share a glance.
After that it wasn't long 'till we headed home, I stand in the doorway of Stiles' bedroom as he adds 'masked men' and 'Tracy' to the board.
I walk over to Malia and hand her a cup of tea,
"Drink up,coyote." I wink trying to cheer her up ever so slightly.
The masked man send chills down my spine as well but Malia is lost in thought most likely about them.
Malia takes a sip of her tea before rubbing off the question 'who is the desert wolf?' off the board.
"I'll leave you too alone." I near Stiles and press my lips against his cheek bidding him goodnight.
I pick up my phone from my bed, a text from Derek flashes brightly.
Derek - What's been going on?
I respond
Me - the usual, supernatural beings killing innocents of beacon hills. Don't worry I've got it handled. I miss you.
Except before I send it I erase the last three words.
The next day I washed and changed then first class was AP biology.
Yay.
I zone out as I start to doodle in my book, without even thinking I start to draw Derek's tattoo over and over again.
The only thing that catches my attention is when they mention chimeras.
A term from Greek mythology, it's a lion with the back end of a goat and a tail ending with the head of a snake.
Multiple species in one animal, or in biology case multiple DNA in one person.
"Awfully quiet back there today, Ira. Care you enlighten us on wether you unlike Mr McCall here, completed the assigned reading last night?" My wicked teacher gains my attention.
"Well, miss, actually I did miss it as I had more important things going on and I decided I needed my sleep to stay awake in your class instead of reading a few chapters which I will catch up on in free period." I explain glaring at her,
"Out!" She points towards the door.
"What?! Why?!" I moan,
"I despise your attitude and I despise you. So get out of my classroom."
I get up and leave, that was just swell wasn't it?
I groan and kick the locker next to me as I spot another deputy approach me.
"Excuse me? Ira? We need you in to talk about what happened last night with Donovan." She gestures me to follow her.
I'm taken to the station where I'm questioned.
Deciding to take the safe route I explain I was hit on the head by someone then when I woke up Donovan was gone.
End of story.
I can't say much more, I don't know if everyone else even believes about the masked men let alone wanting to talk about them.
"Shouldn't you be at school?" Stilinski asks, I roll my eyes as I past him on my way to the exit.
"Well yes but I was being questioned about Donnie boy." I admit, Sheriff Stilinski doesn't talk about Donovan he simply just tells me to get back to school.
However by the end of the day I've avoided the pack and decided to text Parrish asking about Lydia. I head home as I receive a text from stiles asking me to do some research on chimeras and such but as evening draws on I manage to take a break and sneak a pizza into the library. I know the rules are no eating but Stiles is there and I doubt he's had something to eat since lunch.
I kick stiles awake and hand him the box.
"You're the best." Stiles takes a slice out sinking his teeth into it as if he's starving.
"I know." I wrap my arms around Stiles as I stand behind him looking down at the books.
"Go home, I've still got to read about something. I know you've been looking on the Internet at home but I can't be distracted when I'm alone." Stiles tells me, I sigh and kiss Stiles' head.
"Well don't stay here too long, come home soon you're practically unconscious just sat here." I leave the library after that then head home.
I kick away my clothes taking a long and hot shower, when I climb out I manage to slide into my underwear before I hear an unusual sound.
My head twitches and I edge closer to the door, pressing my ear against it listening into the hallway.
Heavy uneven breathing fills the air, quiet sneaking footsteps near me.
It's not the sheriff and it's not stiles.
My eyes start to glow, I feel an uneasy feeling in my gut.
I open the door cautiously to see the hallway empty.
"Hello?" I call out, that's when they launch themselves at me.
I growl growing fangs and claws, my eyes catch a glimpse of my attacker.
Donovan.
He charges towards me but I race downstairs, Donovan following closely behind.
I feel his hand clamp down on my shoulder, a piercing pain engulfs my shoulder. I yelp out loud like a dog being kicked.
Donovan pulls me back, I manage to squirm free and punch him.
Donovan has a full mouth of two sets of sharp razor teeth. He resembles a windigo extremely.
Donovan attacks me again, this time he snaps his jaw at me.
I push him away but suddenly He rebounds sending me into the wall, he pulls me along the wall his hands with teeth coming from the skin bury deep within my shoulders.
Blood drips from each wound, my head knocks picture frames off the wall.
"Donovan!" I scream out, I feel him bite down my on the side of neck.
I kick out screaming in agony, if he pulls away then I'm done for.
Dead.
Donovan releases his jaw slowly making sure not to kill me.
He cackles menacingly, a smirk trying to hide his blood covered fangs.
"You know, all that blood is really covering up your cuteness." He reminds me of what I said to him the other day.
Black dots dance across my vision.
"You maybe able to heal but I will defiantly torture you. And when your blacked out in pain, I'm going after stiles. And guess what? He can't heal so guess what he's going to be at the end of it, unlike you he's going to die." Donovan explains, I try to fight but he throws me to the floor.
"You could at least let me put some clothes on." I try to lighten this situation, Donovan stares at me flatly.
"Get ready for the worst night of your life."