Chapter 15

"The bond" Peter lowers his voice.
"What?" Stiles asks.
"Never mind" Peter brushes it aside, what does he mean by the bond?
My phone starts to ring, it's Derek.
"Derek, are you okay? What's happening?" I answer.
"I'm fine, Boyd and the girl escaped, we need your help to find him. We're in the woods" Derek explains.
"Okay I'll be there soon" I hang up and shift into my full animal wolf form like I normally do before sprinting outside and into the woods.
I use my keen senses to try and track the wolves but unfortunately nothing comes up.
I sprint further until I find Boyd's scent, I track down Boyd and bite into his ankle.
Boyd digs his claws into me and throws me across the woods.
I whine as I heal, Boyd and the girl circle me, I growl viciously towards them before running away from them.
I can't take on two moon deprived wolves.
I run into Derek and Scott.
"You found them didn't you?" Derek asks, I nod. "I found Erica, she's dead" Derek whispers. I lower my head and paw at the ground.
A rustling bush alerts us,
"They're together aren't they?" Scott asks me, I nod my head again.
That's when we set off to find them, I notice Isaac must've followed me or Scott called him because he finds the girl.
I leap over Isaac and pounce of the girl, I sink my teeth into her shoulder and drag her away.
The girl stands up and stares at me momentarily before taking off again.
I try and track them but I lose them after a while.
I reunite with the boys to find out we need help from the argents.
I shift back to human form and sit on the back of the car as we wait for Scott I convince Allison's father to help us.
"So your sister..." Isaac brings that up.
Derek looks over at him.
"Sorry that was...bad timing. I'm sorry, I'll ask later" Isaac apologies, Derek looks over at him once more.
"Or never, I'm good with never" Isaac nods, I stifle a laugh and roll my eyes.
So the girl is Derek's sister, how interesting...considering Derek's whole family was meant to be burnt down in a fire, there seems to be more hales appearing by the day.
We follow the argent and Scott as he still tries to convince him to help us.
Scott shows the argent the dead body which we believe to have been killed by Boyd and the girl.
"Derek's what's your sisters name?" I ask
"Cora" Derek informs me.
The whole dead body manages to convince the argent.
The argent shows us whom's footprints are whom's and explains how we are only focusing half on finding the wolves and half on resisting our own urges. Which is understandable.
The argent explains about our sense of smell, the tricks to capture a wolf and how inferred can help spot a wolf.
I place mine on and look around.
We set off to capture the werewolves.
Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill, that's the huge problem.
We decide to trap the wolves in the boiler room of the school, no windows and only one way in and out a large steel door.
It's almost perfect.
The argent plunges a torch like device into the ground.
"These are ultra sonic committers it's one of the tools we use to corral werewolves. Pushing them into the direction we want them to run." the argent presses it, "it gives off a high pitch frequency that only they can hear" I hold my ears in pain.
"Yeah no kidding!" Isaac hisses.
"These will drive them to the school and its up to you to get them into the basement" he hands us more of the devices.
"Why don't we rethink the plan where we just kill them?" Isaac suggests.
"It's going to work" Scott argues.
We all set off on our own courses, we place the devices in the right area before getting to the school.
I look over at Scott and nod.
"Ready?" Scott asks me, I smile and shift into my full wolf form.
Isaac and Scott open the doors to the school, I waddle inside my claws tapping the floor.
I make my way to the boiler room and shift again, I open the doors ready for the wolves.
Derek and Scott run inside followed by the two wolves, Derek and Scott make it out and I trap the others inside.
"We did it" I hug Derek tightly, he nods.
"Now we wait" he lets go of me and sinks to the floor.
"What do you hear?" Derek asks Scott as Scott leans into the door.
"Both of them?" I ask.
"Actually there of them" Scott admits, my heart stops and I shake my head.
"Impossible" I whisper.
"What are you doing?" I grab Derek's arm as he goes to open the door.
"Close the door behind me keep it shut" Derek orders.
"No, Derek. Maybe the third person will survive 'till morning. You can't risk your life for someone you don't know" I raise my voice.
"I have to try and help" Derek grunts
"But if you don't kill them, they'll kill you" I soften my voice.
"It's why I'm going in alone" Derek admits.
Derek opens the door, Scott pushes past me and shuts it.
"It's too late" Scott warns me, I fight against him as he wraps his arms around me to keep me from running in after Derek.
"No! Derek! Derek!" I cry out, the sudden pain in my chest explodes and I collapsed in Scott's embrace.
Hot tears fall down my cheeks.
Scott doesn't say anything.
"I have to help him" I repeat over and over again.
The longer he stays in there the more the pain grows.
The pain grows so much I feel numb.
"Scott, the Suns coming up!" We hear echo through the school.
I wipe away my tears and jump out of Scott's arms, I open the door and run inside, Scott runs in after me.
The Suns coming up.
Keep that in mind.
We stand in front of Derek, Boyd and Cora are unconscious beside him.
Derek lifts his head, I furrow my eyebrows in sadness when I look at the state he's in, much longer he would've been dead.
"There's a teacher, I'll take care of her...get them out of here" Derek tells us, Derek looks over at me but doesn't say anything after.
We take Boyd and Cora before leaving.
I send Derek one last look.
I let the boys deal with Boyd and Cora, I arrive home and collapse on my bed.
I bury my face in my pillow and burst out into tears.
I almost lost him.
Almost.
I manage to get an hours shut eye before I have stiles calling me rambling on about three fault deaths, virgins and human sacrifices, I tell him to explain everything when he picks me up because in all honestly I was half asleep when he called.