24 - An Everlasting Feeling

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

      With every day that passed, the Spring High prelims drew closer and closer. For the third years in Seijoh's volleyball team, this was their last chance. Their one last chance to beat Shiratorizawa (and Karasuno) and finally go to the Nationals. The change in the third years was subtle but still visible. Jokes were still made, but all practices happened with utmost seriousness.

      This shift in environment always happened before any kind of tournament, but this time it was a lot more serious, Misaki had noted. And she understood exactly why this was so.

      'Our last year, huh? One last chance,' Misaki pressed her lips together as she entered the gym with Yuki. 'We can win this. We have to.'

      They walked over to the designated manager bench as she and Yuki continued with their conversation. Just as Misaki was about to reply, the gym doors opened abruptly. In an instant, everyone's attention went towards them.

      Much to their surprise, it was Kyoutani, the rogue player (as Misaki secretly referred to him), who had just entered, eating what looked to be fried chicken. Yahaba, the first person to notice him, angrily stormed over to him.

     "Hey!" Yahaba scolded. "Don't just show up for the first time in forever and act like nothing happened."

     Oikawa waved his hands around in his usual flamboyant way. "Now now, calm down. Yahaba." Walking towards Kyoutani, he said, "It's been a while. I've been waiting for you! Welcome back, Kyouken-chan."