27 - An Everlasting Promise

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

      'History repeats itself.'

      Suddenly, this was a phrase that fit Seijoh really well. Karasuno, no longer the fallen champions, were their opponents in the semi-final match again. It was almost like they were fated to meet again.

      As both the teams started with their warm-ups, Misaki and Yuki busied themselves with checking if everything was there. Misaki could feel the nerves settling in her heart, but she could easily control them. For now. Once the match would start, her nerves were definitely going crazy. But the team was strong; they had practiced very well and she strongly believed that they had a chance to win this match and the next and finally go to the Nationals.

      Just a few feet away, Oikawa was laughing like an idiot as he teased Kageyama as the latter came to retrieve a ball.

      "Is he really a third year?" Hanamaki deadpanned.

      "Sure doesn't seem like it," Misaki muttered, rolling her eyes. 'That idiot. Even on days of a match, he's like this.'

        Next to her, Yuki snorted and covered her mouth to stifle her laughter. "He's being so stupid."

       "You took the words right out of my mouth."

       The two of them began to prep the water bottles and the towels, setting them on the bench for easy access. But then Misaki's eyes fell onto Yahaba, who was about to do something very stupid. She bit her lip, preventing a groan from escaping her mouth. The team was definitely lacking in brain cells.