2 - A Manager's Job

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

     Being the manager of a volleyball club was not an easy job.

      There was a lot of running around involved, along with making sure the players were doing their exercises and also ensuring that none of them were playing with injuries. In case a player was injured, it then became the manager's job to get them to the medical office. And it was also the manager's job to gather data on their opposing teams.

      But being Aoba Johsai's manager was another task altogether and that was why Misaki was having a hard time finding someone who could take over after she left school.

      There was no shortage of applications though. There were so many to look over that Misaki was beginning to have to take them home to look them over. The coach had specifically warned her to look over one thing though. Any mentions of the name 'Tooru Oikawa' or any reference to him was an instant red-flag. As much as she hated to admit, that was the best filter and helped in narrowing down the applications.

      Misaki was walking towards the gym, one hand holding a stack of applications, the other hand on her bag. She was deep in thought, pouring over an application. It was good, much better written than any of the others she had read through, but then as soon as she read the sentence, 'To see our amazing setter play and be close to him, as well as the team', she let out a small groan and stuffed the application in her bag.

      "At this rate, I'm not going to find a manager," Misaki pinched the bridge of her nose, releasing a frustrated sigh.

      "Umm, excuse me, Misaki-senpai?"

      A small voice spoke from behind her and she turned around, almost bumping into the person. It was a girl, a first year by the looks of it, and she was holding a club application form in her hand.

      "Yes? Is there something I can help you with?" Misaki spoke kindly, sensing that the girl in front of her was nervous.

      "Uh y-yes, my n-name is Yuki Nohara " The brown-haired girl stuttered, holding out the club form towards her. "P-please consider when you are choosing a new manager for the volleyball team, Misaki-senpai."