3 - A Welcoming Team

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

      "Welcome to the team, Yuki."

      In the end, from the three candidates Misaki had chosen, she ended up going with the stuttering brown haired girl she had met in the hallway. Out of the three candidates, Yuki had been the only one who had some experience with volleyball and neither did she mention Oikawa's name once. She was also kind-hearted and had such a soft persona that Misaki immediately felt the need to hug her and call Yuki her 'unofficial' sister. (whatever that meant; sometimes her brain thought of the weirdest things)

      "Thank you!" Yuki answered, bowing her head profusely, her bag slowly falling off her shoulder before she steadied it. "Thank you so much for selecting me as the manager! I hope I don't disappoint you!"

      "I'm sure you won't," Misaki looked at the girl with a smile. "Now, since there's still some time left till practice starts, I'm gonna give you the copy of the team roster and a basic introduction of our players. And then later, you can meet them properly."

      "Y-yes! As you say, Misaki-senpai," Yuki said.

      "Awesome. Let's find an empty classroom first," Misaki announced, holding onto her bag a little tighter.

      Since it was a Saturday and only those who were part of a club were in school today, it didn't take long for the two to find an empty classroom. They sat in an empty classroom on the ground floor, pulling down two chairs. Misaki sat across from Yuki and took out the team roster from her bag along with a pen.

      "Right," Misaki said, tapping the cover of the team roster with a pen. "Let's start off with the team introduction. First of all, there's our number 1 player. Tooru Oikawa, who I am guessing you already know."

      "I know about him a little bit, I think," Yuki replied awkwardly. "The girls in my class talk about him a lot."

      "Of course, they do," Misaki mumbled, rolling her eyes. She looked back at Yuki, continuing her introduction. "He's around 184.3cm tall, which is 6 feet 0.6 inches if my maths is correct. He's our setter and does some really incredible tosses. But his serves are really incredible too and I'm sure you'll be in awe of them if you see them. As a player, he is probably one of the best I've seen, though don't tell him I said that. It'll give him an ego-boost."