1 - A Long Couple Of Months

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

      Misaki Katsuragi liked to think she was good at noticing things.

      She had always been good at noting what made people tick and when people were down or when someone was trying to hide the fact that they were injured. Her observation skills were insanely high and that was what made her a good manager throughout her years at Kitagawa Daiichi and now at Aoba Johsai. What annoyed her though was when little signs slipped through her fingers and her skills would, thus, fall short in some cases.

      There was mainly one cause of this shortfall. Tooru Oikawa, the captain of the Aoba Johsai volleyball team and the same annoying person she was forced to drag to the nurse's office. He had recently healed from a knee injury and was absolutely forbidden from practising anything. And yet, he had been doing just that in secret. The idiot had ended up overworking himself and that had led to her forcefully dragging him to the nurse's office to get him checked out, in case he had injured himself further.

      "You are an idiot, Oikawa!" Misaki scolded with a dark glare, hands on her hips. "I told you not to strain yourself by practising too much and you've gone and done the exact opposite thing. Why don't you ever listen to me?"

      Oikawa cowered in fear, raising his hands in front of his face. "I'm so sorry, Misa-chan. I promise it won't happen again!"

      "It better not," Misaki kept on glaring at him. "Now, come on, let's hope the game isn't over already."

      She grabbed him by his sleeve and began dragging him towards the gym where the practice match between their school and Karasuno High was going on. It amused her slightly that she, a 5'3'' person, was able to drag someone as tall as Oikawa by one arm. But then again, she had been chasing him around since they were kids. So, she was used to it by now.

      "Misa-chan, let go, it hurts!" Oikawa whined like a child, trying to free himself from Misaki's grasp. But she had an iron-clad grip on his arm.

      People in the corridors cleared the way for them, watching in slight fear as they noticed Misaki dragging Oikawa, a dark aura surrounding her. Even Oikawa's fangirls didn't stop them, afraid of inviting the wrath of the scary manager.