18 - A Very Happy Day

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

      The month of July brought with it the summer, sweltering heat and a long summer vacation. The month of July also brought heartbreaking change for Misaki. The divorce was finalised and her dad moved away to Tokyo. It was done, then. It was over. Misaki's relationship with her father was now tainted and it was never going back to the way it was. But Iwaizumi and Oikawa were right there with her as they always were. And boy, she was thankful for all they did for her. (Even if Oikawa did it in his usual annoying way)

     Things were going to be different now. But it was good. Sometimes, they had to be different to work. And maybe now, everything would be better than it had been.

     However, Misaki wouldn't let this month be tainted by her bad experiences with her dad. It was a good month. The start of a summer break, regular volleyball practice, eating ice-cream nearly everyday. And of course, it was her and Oikawa's birthday month.

      July 20th was a special date. As kids when their moms had figured out that they were born on the same day, Misaki and Oikawa started having joint birthday parties, which weren't exactly fun when it came to deciding a theme. In high school though, the parties had stopped. Instead, the day was spent with the volleyball team who turned surprisingly nice for the day. Misaki and Oikawa exploited the hell out of that.