Chapter 2: New Acquaintances

Lunch didn't come as quick as I wanted to. That was to be expected though. When you anticipate something to happen, time basically freezes on you, and it blows.

Thankfully, I didn't have an encounter with Boscha in any of the classes before then, so that was less headaches and anxiety for me. I'd love to be confident, but that's just not in me currently.

I did see that green haired girl again in a class. I think it was science if I remember. While the teacher was blabbing on, I saw her near the middle of the room. She was focused on everything he said. She must be a real hard worker, which is admirable to say the least. Considering I saw her rolling with Boscha a few times today, it's safe to say she is a part of her crew. At the very least, she doesn't look intimidating to talk to.

Unfortunately I couldn't do that because I was pulled to the front to introduce myself again with the class. It seems like I was the only new student in this entire damn school or I just got into a group that has had the same kids for the previous years.

I was less of a mess this time around. Even though most of the people in there I didn't recognize from homeroom excluding the girl, I had no signs of any intimidating faces or judgemental looks peering at me. I kept it safe though, and didn't blab about Azura. The last thing I wanted was some other kid to critique me about my taste.

I sat back down at my desk and as I did, I felt another tap on my shoulder. I felt nervous turning to see who did it, but that fear quickly left as I saw welcoming faces to my side.

"So you're the new girl I've heard about huh? Yeah I remember you from homeroom. My name is Viney, nice to meet you."

Before I could say a word, a boy from my left tapped my shoulder as well, with the same welcoming face.

"And my name is Jerbo. Nice to see a new face around here!"

"Heh...thank you…" I felt blush appear on my face as my embarrassment kicked in. I wasn't really expecting more warm greetings like this after homeroom, so I was panicking internally about what I should do.

"It's nice to know that I'm not entirely surrounded by rude people for once.." I said quietly, which caught the ear of Viney.

"I feel you there. It was the same way for me last year, but lemme give you some advice Luz-" she was about to continue before Jerbo chimed in.

"She is not gonna punch whoever puts her down. Doing that would cause serious consequences for her, even a possible expulsion." Viney scoffed at the comment, and turned forwards.

"Whatever Jerbo. Stupid rules can't hold me back forever." I found myself chuckling at the comment, which also caused Viney to chuckle back.

"I see you got yourself a sense of humor too? That's nice to hear, unlike this man over here." She gestured to Jerbo, who scoffed back.

"I too have humor. Just….not the kind that involves any physical violence...that's all." Viney laughed again, which caused the teacher to stop his lecture and look back at us.

"Hey, you three! If you can't tell, I'm trying to teach here! Please keep your mouths shut!" He coughed in his hand before continuing his talk. Viney leaned in towards me.