Chapter 12: A Return to The Office

The office was quiet this time around. The principal wasn't asking me non stop questions like last time. He just let me sit there, and let all of the pain out. I believe he did that for my sake, considering last time it was not helping in the slightest.

By the time I was in the office, I was more controlling of myself, but I still felt like total shit. I don't see how I couldn feel that way. Again, just today I made so many wrong decisions that had ultimately fucked up other's days. Amity's and Boscha's primarily. Even though I don't like Boscha, I still feel bad about causing the falling out with her and Amity. They were probably great friends at some point, I just don’t know what happened.

The principal made a sigh as I was finally easing up on myself. He almost looked frustrated with my appearance again, but if he was, he tried his best to not show it, opting for more of a concerned look.

"Clearly Luz, something more must be happening if you're constantly having breakdowns like this." He cleared up his throat before continuing. "Now I'm not gonna ask what's going on, as that can be personal stuff you don't wanna talk about. I can respect that." He stood up next to me and gave me a pat on the shoulders.

"I'm….I'm sorry Principal Bumps…." He shook his head with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Don't apologize Luz, I know stuff like this is kinda out of your control-" 

"No..." I interrupted him, causing a confused look on his face. I guess I better elaborate before he starts asking.

"...I'm sure you heard about the fight earlier right..?" The principal nodded.

"Of course, I was the one who called security down there." I lowered my head as I thought about everything for the 100th time today. It doesn't matter how much I think about it, I still feel like shit.

"....I was the one who unintentionally started it…." He looked at me with genuine confusion. I don't think he was expecting that.

"What do you mean?" He sat back down at his desk, looking at me as if to say "continue on".

"B-Boscha was being….well rude...to me….I already wasn't having a good day because I thought I was…" I felt the words locked in my throat, momentarily refusing to come out.

"...I thought I was having a falling out with Amity….and my day was already bad with that…" I felt a few more tears drip down my cheek as I remembered the events unfold in my head.

"....I kinda told Boscha off...and she didn't take it well….she was about ready to beat me up...until Amity arrived." The principal was listening intently, not saying a word as he listened in. 

"....they had a falling out, and then had their fight….all because of me…" I sat there with my head down, trying so hard not to break down again. "It's my fault all of that happened."

"Luz-"

"Maybe if I just kept my mouth shut, none of this would've happened!" My body shook as I felt anger fill my body momentarily. "I always do this crap! I say something or do something that causes unintentional consequences to happen! I always overthink, and because of that, the worst happens! I’m such a fuck up! I was hugging my knees on the chair, as I felt my eyes fill up more with tears. I heard the principal stutter something, before backtracking and taking a sigh again, as he got up.