Ch. 35 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Start from the beginning

"A Werewolf can't steal a True Alpha's power. But, maybe a Nagual Jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her...? Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Peter said and Odette shook her head.

"We can't- not without Lydia." She said making them look over at her, "Where is she?" He asked. "The school." She answered, before walking over to the side to call Lydia.

"What's she doing at the school, anyway?" Derek asked and Malia lifted Kira's sword, "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

"Nothing..." Odette sighed, walking back over. "If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden said and Peter pointing at her, "That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." He said making Odette look at him weird.

"No, what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Odette said worriedly making Peter sigh in annoyance, "Fine. You stay- you find her. We're going on without you." Peter said walking over to the car making her glare at him again.

"I could call Mason. He has a study group at the school. Maybe he could look for her?" Liam said and Stiles nodded and sighed, "All right. Fine." Stiles said and he and Odette walked over Malia while everyone else went to the cars.

"We need to be back there with Derek and Liam- I've got some experience dealing with out-of-control teen wolves. You gonna be okay riding with Peter?" Stiles asked and Malia nodded and shrugged slightly, "He is my father. Maybe we could do some bonding." She said making Odette rapidly shake her head.

"He's also very psychotic so no. No bonding. Play the radio. Play it loud." She said before they turned back to the rest.

"Remember what we're dealing with- it's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls... Do not assume there's any humanity left." Peter said then looked over at Liam with a smirk, "Oh... This little one is terrified of them, aren't you?" Peter said making Odette glare ar him slightly as she gently grabbed Liam's shoulder. "Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone? You do not fight Berserkers to survive- you fight to kill."

"I don't like him." Odette muttered, as she, Stiles and Liam walked over to the back of the van.

💰

"All good?" Derek asked after cuffing Liam to the bench, Liam pulled on the cuffs but they didn't budge so he looked at him and nodded. "Okay. Now, I brought something to help you. This has been with my family for centuries." Derek said pulling out the triskelion talisman making Odette and Stiles cock an eyebrow at him. "It's a very powerful supernatural talisman. We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon." Derek said glancing over at Odette and Stiles with a look that said go along with it.

"Yes. It's powerful. Very powerful." Stiles said, clearing his throat and Odette nodded in agreement before glancing over at Stiles who looked at her with slightly wide eyes.

💰

After a couple hours on the road, Liam suddenly, forcefully pulled on the hand cuffs, grunting. "Whatever you were gonna teach me... I think you better start." He said looking up as at them with glowing eyes.

"Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it. You focus on the words. It's like meditating- you say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Derek said and Liam nodded, "Okay. Okay, okay! What are the words?"

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something." Derek said and Odette thought for a second, "Alpha, Beta, Omega." She said and Derek nodded. "It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another. Betas can become Alphas." Derek said.