38

Harry Styles

I get myself up out of bed abruptly so I wake myself up. I rub my eyes as I stand up to grab a black t-shirt that was hanging off the back of my chair and shove on some grey joggers.

Probably wasn't a good idea to wear something like this to go to a sunflower field at gone midnight, but I didn't care. I just needed to see Aaliyah. I open my bedroom door and run down my carpeted stairs ever so quickly before opening my front door and running out.

It was raining lightly but that didn't matter. I start walking quickly down the pavement as the rain dampened my curls. I had no idea why Aaliyah felt like this, but one thing I did have an idea of is that she didn't deserve to feel like it. Her souls happiness was unmatched as her personality reflected of anything even her eyes met.

I tuck both my arms under each other for insulation but it did nothing for the coldness I felt internally at the moment. I felt so bad for Aaliyah. I make my way up to the white painted gate, barely being able to make out the shadows in which the sunflowers cast from the now set sun. It was pitch black, not a star in view.

The sound of my steps against all the pebbles and dead leaves circulated the atmosphere as I made my way through some of the sunflowers rows. I see a silhouette up on top of the hill with their head tucked into their knees. I had no doubt about it that it was Aaliyah. For I'd be a fool to not notice the way the wind played with her hair.

I run up slowly, with the rain falling against my cheeks and I go up to shake her shoulder.

"Hi stranger." I whisper, with that she stands up immediately and holds her arms in a tight embrace around my shoulders. I lift her up so her legs straddle my waist as I hug her around her back. She nests her head into my shoulders as I to the same. I feel her heartbeat knock in a rhythm against my chest as she cries into my shoulder. It was easy to tell that she was the type of person who put other people before herself and never asked for anything in return, but I could tell that right now she needed a hug. Or maybe even just someone to listen.

"C'mere." I say as I lye down on the grass and put her down.

"Harry, your clothes." She sniffles

"That doesn't matter Aaly. Come here." I say as I stretch out my arms. She doesn't second guess the idea of curling herself up in my arms where my hands then tangle loosely in her hair.

"What's wrong." I say as I close my eyes and feel the raindrops caress my skin. I could see why Aaliyah liked to do it so much. She sat up slightly and looked me deeply in my eyes.

The look within her eyes spoke of pure exhaustion and pain. I could see the dark circles underneath that she tried to cover up with the sleeves of her jacket, yet it wasn't enough to cover up the pain in which her soul felt. I missed seeing her smile already, where did it go? She kept looking around at the grass and flowers as if she couldn't wait to be alone again. What happened Aaly? Who did this to you? Who broke you? There was a deafening silence filling up her golden mind yet she looked like she no longer radiated warmth. I wish I could just give her my soul just as she gives me. But I'm afraid it wouldn't be as much to offer. For she was perfect yet broken. So so broken.

"M-My family." She whispers through the rain in which was now getting heavier.

"What about them?" I say as I sit up and bring my knees to my chest. I look at her but she doesn't look back at me.

"It's just. Broken." Is all she could get out. She didn't need to say anymore before I hugged her tightly.

"Come with me." I say as I take her hand and lead her into the woodland part of the fields, my personal favourite part. I move the giant leaves out the way as I keep her hand tightly gripped in mine.