33

Aaliyah Moreno

I'm woken up to Raven lightly shaking my shoulder.

"Wake up sleepy head. I'll go make us some breakfast." She says as I sit up slowly and rub my eyes. My hair was a mess, I could tell from the way it sat really scruffy on my shoulders. I did sleep really well though. Ravens bed is huge and really comfy. I stretch my arms out as I yawn. I sit there in her bed for a minute as she slips a jumper on and heads downstairs.

I swing my legs over the side of her bed as I stand up slowly. I trudge my feet along her wooden floors and head downstairs. I see Raven put a pan on the stove as she puts some music on her speaker. She starts head banging to what sounds like the softest piece of music, she confused me but I love her for it.

"Want some?" She says as she holds up a pack of eggs as I nod.

Please say she was making

"Egg, bacon on toast?" She said aloud as I said it in my head. We are too alike.

"Yes please." I say as I sit on her counter while swinging my legs gently. Raven changes the music, the only lyrics I really picked out and that were catchy to me were

Ow, your givin' me a heart attack
Lookin' like you do-oo.

I just admit it was a catchy song, but I never normally listened to music. Raven starts bopping her head lightly as she cracks the eggs and pours them onto the pan, followed by a loud sizzling noise. Raven starts swaying side to side while bouncing on the souls of her feet as she dances, making me chuckle slightly.

"You excited for today?" She says with the music playing in the background.

"Hell yes." I say as I hop down to go grab a glass from her cupboard.

"I was thinking-" she says and pauses as she makes her way to turn the music down.

"Oh dear. That's dangerous." I say while chuckling and pouring myself a glass of ice water.

"Shush. Anyways. What if me and you drove down to the beach early? Like maybe an hour early?"

"And do what? Just chill?"

"Yep" she says as she nods to turn and watch the eggs and bacon as they cook.

"Cool. I'll need to grab a few things from home first before we go anyway. We can take my car if you want."

"Sure thing" she says as she switches the stove off and grabs some plates from the overhead cupboard.

-

I look at myself in Ravens bathroom mirror as I Chuck on the clothes that I wore yesterday. Sounds gross I know, but who hasn't done that when they've gone round a friends house? I decide to just leave on all the excess makeup because I'm sure it would wash off in the sea anyway.

I tie my laces up and head out the bathroom. Raven follows closely behind me with her bag of stuff for the beach. My god it was hot today, even at 9:30am. It takes an hour to get to the beach so we could get there for about midday If we wanted a slow drive. That would give us more time to blast music and talk which was really nice.

I still didn't look very presentable but I wasn't really a morning person. As much as I loved waking up and journaling, I never really enjoyed waking up early unless I had a really good reason too. In this case I didn't mind because me and Raven were going to meet Harry and his friends later. The beach was quite a nice one to go to. I could never pronounce the name for the life of me, all I know is that it was a really beautiful place to be. It had a really Sandy beach, still yet cool air from the ocean, it has a layer of rocks as you head into the sea but smoothens out again when you feel the waves beneath your feet. It had a grassy hill which you could sit and eat on, a beach bar. Anything.