2

Aaliyah Moreno

2 years ago

Most people aren't sure why we are put on the earth. I think that's the worlds unanswered question. Sure there were loads of other unanswered questions.

But the main one asked that no one could answer was "what is the meaning of life." No one knew, we only live by belief.

For example, I like to think of life as a book. I know it has a beginning, moments from my childhood I'd treasure forever with my parents, I know it has a middle, the part where I had to grow to be independent. I know it has a climax, where I start my own family one day and live my life as I wish, my main moments of my life.

And then I know it has an end. The moment I took my last breath and watched my story flash before my eyes so I made sure it was worth watching. And that's where my story would finish.

That's why I chose to enjoy life. Of course not all of it is sunshine and happiness, but what's the point in being sad when I have a choice to be happy.

That's why I live off quotes. I'll recite maybe two or three a day. It was my therapy. Other people could put into a few words what I felt, whereas it would take me my entire life to explain.

Quotes or poetry or any form of cleverly written piece of writing reminded me that I wasn't alone. That at least one other person out there understood how I felt everyday, even if I didn't know them. Literature saved me.

"Aaliyah!" My mum calls my name from the garden.

"Coming mum!" I say as I put on my white sneakers and my favourite light pink coloured dress.

We were going to my favourite place in the entire world. A place I found so interesting to be lost in and wouldn't be mad about.

It was always so quiet which was just how I liked it, sometimes I liked being alone with my thoughts.

Me and my mum went every single week as it was also her favourite place to go.

The sunflower fields

The tall plant itself I was just in constant awe of. I never understood how a plant could make me fall into a trance of deep thought. But it did.

They were my favourite flower. Of course I knew they were never here for long, which is why I chose to enjoy them while they were here.

Kind of like my life. I know i won't be around forever which is why I choose to live every moment I have while I can.

I make my way down the carpeted stairs and give my mum a smile

"That dress again?" My mum says while chuckling

"I never will get rid of it and you know it." I say while grabbing a basket that I made.

Near the sunflowers was a strawberry picking place that me and my mum always used to go to when I was younger. My dad normally stayed home and watched football with my brother, as most dads and brothers do. My younger brother was only 1 and a half so I don't think he even knew what was going on.

Sometimes my dad didn't approve of me reciting all the poetry I did. My mum and my best friend, Raven were probably the only people that chose to understand. They might not get what I mean, but they listened. I still loved my dad and I had a good relationship with him, at least I liked to think I did.

Me and my mum start walking down to the gate we have at the front of our house. My mum loved planting loads of flowers down the pathway. From tulips, to Lily's and especially sunflowers. You name it and we've got it in our garden. Round the back we have a tyre swing attached to a blossom tree that no matter what the weather I would always swing on or sometimes write in my journal. No one knew about my journal, it was just something I had for personal preference that I liked to write quotes in, or just how I felt.