50

Harry Styles

Think of me as your sunflower and I'll think of you as mine.

I finish writing the words down in between the lined paper of my journal and smile lightly. That sentence would help a lot with the surprise, more than she'll know.

"Hey." Aaliyah says while walking into the bedroom and towel drying her hair. I close my journal quickly.

"Is that the surprise?" She asks.

"You know it." I say while putting the strap back over the worn brown cover. She walks over to come sit next to me on the bed with some water droplets still falling off the ends of her hair.

"Can I see it?" She asks

"Aaly you cant see the surprise-"

"No not that. Just the cover of your journal." She cuts me off and faces her view towards the worn journal in my hands.

"Sure." I say and hand it to her. She was so delicate as she held it. Her fingertips brush lightly over the ripped and rugged cover. Part of me thought she was just going to open it and read it in a matter of seconds. Yet the other part of me was so focused on the way the tips of her fingers caressed each crevasse and outline of it.

"Why do you have so many drawings?" She asks.

"I draw on the cover if it's something I don't fancy writing on the paper. Sometimes pictures say a lot more than words can, hence why I also have so many tattoos. I ran out of space on my journal-"

"So your body became it instead?" She asks.

"You got it."

"Do you regret any of your tattoos?" She asks while still keeping her eyes facing the journal.

"Each one tells a story that I want to remember. So not really." I say in return. I never regret any of my tattoos, sure some of them look really weird. But each of them has a history.

"It's very pretty." She whispers as she flips the book over to look at the back of the book.

"Oh, the vines are here too?" She questions.

"Hm?" I ask in confusion.

"The vines, the same ones as your tattoo on your torso. I won't ask about them but they're very beautiful." She says before looking at me and smiling. She always provided me with a sense of comfort and belonging, a feeling no one else has ever before.

"Pass it here." I say while taking it out of her hands gently and placing it back onto my lap. I sit more upright in the bed before facing opposite her so she couldn't see the journal. I grab the pen off the nightstand and take off the cap before drawing in a small space I found.

"What are you doing?" She asks while laughing slightly, trying to shift forward to see. I lift my knee up so it was out of her view. I smile to myself as I finish writing it.

𝑊𝐻𝐴𝑇 𝐼𝑆 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐸𝑆𝑆𝐸𝑁𝐶𝐸 𝑂𝐹 𝐴
𝑆𝑈𝑁𝐹𝐿☀︎︎𝑊𝐸𝑅?

I put the cap back on the pen and turn it around to face Aaliyah. Her smile grows as her eyes begin to shine brightly.

"I love the little sun for the letter O" she says and points to it gently.

"You like it?" I ask while looking back at it and then back into her eyes. This pattern repeated for god knows how long.

"I love it." She says before pushing the journal down gently and placing her soft lips against mine without warning. I inhale as her lips press against the crease between mine causing me to fall back slightly. My hand finds her waist in support. My eyes stay open as hers furrow shut, the suns rays illuminating her to created some form of silhouette sat in front of me. She looked angelic.