40

Aaliyah Moreno

"1." He whispers in my ear causing a cold yet soothing shiver to run up my spine. I open my eyes but squint them automatically as the lights attached to the fence pierce through them.

You know that feeling where it feels as though you're head is in the sky but your feet are on the ground? The instant butterflies that begin to swarm your stomach? The times it feels as though your eyes have a melody when they're met in view with something or someone you like? The moment you feel wanted as someone makes you feel safe? That's what I felt. I felt happy.

And I always used to feel as though happiness was something readymade, something in store for us all. I've always waited for happiness, yet that's led me to become totally oblivious to the fact that my happiness is standing right next to me and he has a set of forest green eyes. It's also made me realise that happiness depends on whether you choose to accept it or not, it comes from your own actions.

Yet I wouldn't of acknowledged my actions if Harry hadn't done this thoughtful gesture. I had no idea what it was for though. I begin walking slowly down the brightly lit path as I brush my fingertips against the petal of each of the flowers. I keep looking back at Harry who just shoots me cheesy grins, causing his dimples to look like a home I want to live in and never leave.

"Harry, it's so pretty." I say as I walk down the pebbled path. He follows behind me as I make my way to the small stream he has in his back garden. I step wobbly onto each of his stepping stones and jump onto the grass on the other side. I turn back and reach my hand out to hold Harry's as he almost falls in. I hold my stomach out of a fit of laughter as he laughs really loudly then cups his hand over his mouth, remembering its only 2am. That made me go into a silent laugh, a laugh I haven't felt in ages yet it made me feel so alive.

I fall down onto the grass as I regain my breath back and face the stars. Harry joins me as I snuggle closely into his chest.

"What was all this for?" I ask. He looks over to me and smirks lightly. He takes his forefinger under my chin and lifts it backwards where my eyes are met with a dimly lit treehouse.

"Holy crap." I giggle out of shock as I get up quickly and make my way over to the ladder in which led to the treehouse surrounded by lights. Harry laughs lightly as I start to climb the ladder.

I hold onto the railings either side as I make my way to the top, a few steps creaking as I go up. Normally I would be terrified, and to be honest I still was. Which is why I began to slow down.

"I got you." He whispers as he holds my hips in an embrace so I wouldn't fall. I smile lightly to myself as I begin making my way up slowly.

"Okay, are you ready?" He asks softly as I nod. I reach my hand up to unlock the treehouse door, and as I do I see a peak of light shining from underneath. I push it open slightly, causing it to creak.

I peak my head around the corner as I hoist myself up to stand up in it. It took me a few seconds to realise that the only things filling the room were sunflowers, fairy lights and Polaroids of me and Harry. I felt my heart flutter along with the rhythm of the butterflies in my stomach as I walk in slower. The treehouse creaked lightly with every step I took as I brushed my fingertips lightly along all the pictures and petals.

I turn around to look at Harry whose cheeks look a rosy red.

"Did you do all of this?" I ask getting slightly choked up at the fact all of this was for me.

"It was going to be a surprise for another time but I thought I'd try lift your spirits in the hope that it worked."

"Hope? Harry this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." I say as I walk over to hug him slightly. I rest my nose into his shoulder as a single tear falls down it. But this time, I was crying because I have never felt more wanted in this world.