Chapter 45.

"you did well today. if you keep up like this you will ace all the tests" Jade said and smiled.

currently it was about 7pm and Jade and Wooyoung were walking home together from their second study session. Wooyoung seemed more determined than last time and Jade couldn't be happier.

Wooyoung smiled proudly.

"watch me" he said and flipped his little mullet.

"this is not a competition dumbass. i want you to do well"

"so you can give me a kiss right? ahh Jade-ssi stop exposing yourself okay?" Wooyoung said and patted her head. Jade stared at him in disbelief. 

"pickle head" she huffed and speed walked ahead. 

"yaa wait for me" Wooyoung giggled and caught up with her, throwing his hand over her shoulder. Jade pouted.

"honestly you don't deserve my affection and nice behavior" Jade shook her head to herself.

"don't think so highly of yourself" Wooyoung tsk-ed.

they walked in a silence for a while.

Wooyoung saw a convenience store and dragged surprised Jade in.

"i want a soda" he grinned. Jade shook her head.

"want something? i'll buy it for you" he asked

"i'll get a Fanta" Jade shrugged. Wooyoung nodded and got the drinks before paying and dragging Jade back out.

"could you chill with all this dragging?"

"no"

"i should really start bringing my car" Jade said after a small silence.

"not really. i think walking like this is really nice. we get to spend more time together" Wooyoung shrugged and sipped on his drink.

"then stop getting on my nerves if you like spending time with me that much" 

"boring ass" Wooyoung mumbled and rolled his eyes. Jade smacked him.

they kept walking in the silence for a while. it wasn't awkward or anything. more like a peaceful and comfortable silence.

they finished their drinks and threw the bottles away.

"YO" Wooyoung screamed at someone suddenly. Jade looked at the direction he was looking and felt her heart drop. Hwayoung, Sena, Hyejin and Eunha were sitting on a bench nearby and were chatting to themselves. when they heard Wooyoung's scream, they turned around and stared at the unexpected duo.

Jade stared at the scene in disbelief. how did Wooyoung know them?

"Hwayoung! Eunha! Hyejin! Sena!" Wooyoung screamed happily and dragged Jade towards them. Jade froze in pure terror and shock.

"Wooyoung!" the girls jumped up. Wooyoung let go of Jade's hand and started hugging them one by one. Jade stood there confused and scared.

"i missed you guys so much!" he said with a big grin. 

"we missed you too. when was the last time we saw you? i think sophomore year in high school. you have grown so much" Sena said and ruffled his hair. Jade poked Wooyoung's arm. Wooyoung turned towards her and Jade saw how the girls smirked at her.

"W-Wooyoung what's going on?" she asked him, feeling scared and vulnerable.

"oh Jade i totally forgot. meet Sena, Eunha, Hwayoung and Hyejin. they're my childhood friends. we grew up in same neighborhood until i had to move in sophomore year and i lost contact with them" he explained with a big smile on his face. Jade gave him a fake smile.