Chapter 53

Josh's POV

"Bro that doesn't make sense, the answer is b" I say to Marcus as we and Caleb did our homework together. We were in our schools lounge working together and just chilling.

"Nah man, it's c. The answer is 78 but there is no 78 so you pick the answer that's the closet to 78. 80, which is c" he says. I sat there for a moment thinking about what he said before nodding my head. I guess he's right.

"Y'all are weird" Caleb says laughing at us. We continued to do our work when my phone vibrated it. I looked at it to see that Storm sent me a snap. I open my phone and go look at what she sent me. I tap the video and she's showing me her new nails and hair. My pretty baby! I go in our chat and start showering her with compliments.

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that? You bought some new drip?" Marcus asks me. Caleb looks over my shoulder and smirks.

"Nah, he's just texting Stormmmm" he says in a mushy way causing Marcus to laugh and me to look at him weirdly.

"Man, I wish someone's daughter made me feel like that" Marcus says.

"Right, me too" Caleb says.

"She got a man blushing and shit" Marcus says and pokes my cheek. I instantly push his hand away.

"Bro move yo hand" I said chuckling.

"How are you guys anyway? Y'all work things out?" Caleb asked me.

"Yea, well I mean we still are. We have a lot to work and on but I know we'll get through it" I say to him and he nods.

"I still can't believe Cali did all that. Sucks that I'm not a girl, I would've beaten her ass in this and 8 other universes" Marcus says causing me and Caleb to laugh.

"It's crazy man, after everything I've done for her. I wish I listened to Storm from the start. It's all my fault" I say to them.

"Have you addressed her about what she did at the party?" Caleb asks and I shake my head.

"Nah, not since practice when Storm confronted her. I haven't seen her since. But when I see her I'll definitely let her know wassup" I say to them.

"Well, there she goes now" Marcus says pointing behind me. I turn to see her speed walking past the lounge.

"I'll be back" I say to them and they nod. I get up and walk out of the lounge. I walk in the direction she's walking in and call her name.

"Cali!" I yell out her name. She turns around and instantly walks away. I start to chase after her. Why the hell is she running? Once I finally catch up to her, I grabbed her arm. She winced loudly and I instantly let go of her.

"We need to talk" I say to her. She pushed her sunglasses up and looked away. I look at her and I'm very confused on what she's wearing.

"I-I don't have time. I have to go home" she stutters. I cross my arms and look at her weirdly.

"Well first off, why are you wearing sunglasses indoors? Wearing a big ass hoodie and yoga pants with ugg boots. It's chilly outside but it's not winter" I say to her.

"I'm c-cold" she says and shakes her leg as she stands there. What's going on with her?

"Well anyways. We need to talk about how you took advantage of me that night at the party. Cali how could you?" I say to her in disbelief.

"Josh w-we can't talk about this right now ok. Look I'm very sorry for everything I did but I gotta go" she says and turns around but I grab her back. She uses her hoodie sleeve to cover the lower half of her face as she stands there. Ok.....

"No we are gonna talk about this. You're a sick person for that you know, you drug me then suck my dick. Who does that?" I ask her.

"It's horrible I know. I'm very sorry" she says and turns around again but I pull her back.

"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you. After everything I've done for you Cali how could you do this to me. I thought we were friends. And you especially did this knowing I had a girlfriend. You didn't only disrespect her, but you disrespected me. I can't forgive you for that" I say to her and she sighs.

"I can understand that. It was very rude of me and I was being a hoe. But are we done? I gotta go" she says.

"Why are you in a rush? And no we aren't done" I say to her and she sighs.

"How dare you send nudes to my phone. Cali you just went over board, begging for my attention like that isn't attractive" I say to her. She tries to leave but I stand in front of her to stop her.

"And another thing-" I start off and throw my hands up. I accidentally knock off her glasses and they fall onto the floor. She rushes down to pick them up but I snatch them from her causing her to look at me. I'm then shocked at the sight in front of me.

"C-Cali.....who did that to you?" I ask her slowly as I look at her face. She had a black eye, her face was bruised up and her lip was busted.

"It's n-nothing. Just, leave me alone" she says and pushed the glasses back onto her face. She tries to walk past me but I grab her arm causing her to wince again.

"J-Josh you're h-hurting me" she says and I lift up her hoodie sleeve to see more bruises and a few scratches on her arm. I grab her other arm and see the same thing.

"Are these all over your body?" I ask her and she nods. She takes her glasses off and tears start to fall from her swollen eyes.

"You or nobody else were supposed to see" she says as she lightly cried.

"Cali, who did this to you?" I ask her in worry. She bites her lip as she tries to contain her crying. She puts her hand over her mouth and starts to sob. She backs up into the wall and slides down crying. I stand there in shock.

"Cali, who did this to you?" I ask her again.

"'My p-parents" she says sobbing. The way she was crying sounded like she hasn't cried at all. Like she was holding in all of her emotions and finally had to let them out.

"Cali you can't go back home. They are abusing you" I say to her. She shakes her head and stands up.

"No no it's ok. I just didn't obey a few orders that's all. If I behave then I'll be ok. Now I'm late, when I get home I'll be in so much trouble. Thanks a lot Josh" she says and puts her sunglasses back on.

"Cali let me help you" I say to her and she shakes her head.

"No I'm fine. I can do this on my own. Plus you said we are no longer friends. So just, leave me alone" she says and walks away. I stand there thinking about what just happened. Even though we are no longer friends, knowing that someone I know is going through something like that hurts me inside.

I can't let her go through this alone...