Chapter 36

Starting now, I'm gonna be replying to your guys comments. I love interacting with you guys and seeing your reactions😂❤️ -Lala

Storm's POV

It was now the end of the day and right now we are in Star's car on our way to Cane's to get something to eat. Today has been the most eventful first day of school I've ever had. The teachers were so nice, the students were even nicer and very welcoming. I just had a blast. Kai was in two of my classes and then I had Star and Luzzy in the other two. Kai is honestly such a nice guy and I'm happy he helped me find my way throughout the school today. We've gotten to know each other very well and have a lot of stuff in common. I think we're gonna become great friends.

"Finally we are here!" Kai says loudly as we pull up to Cane's. We get out of the car and walk inside of the place. We wait in line as we look at the menu.

"Have you been here before?" Luzzy asks me.

"Hmm, I'm not sure" I said a bit confused. In the summer, Star took me to many food places so I honestly couldn't remember if I've been here or not.

"Ooo I think I'm gonna get number 4" Kai says. I look at it and nod my head.

"I think I'm gonna get that too" I said as well. He looked at me and smiled and then looked down. He does these little shy gestures sometimes, it's adorable.

"I'm gonna get number 2" Luzzy says.

"Im getting number 3" Star says and grabs her wallet.

"Oh I left my wallet in the car, I'll be right back" I said and grab Star's key from her pocket. I walk out and towards the car unlocking it. I grab my money and close back the door locking the car. I walk back into Cane's to see everyone at the side.

"You guys ordered already?" I asked them and they nodded. I walk over to order my food but Kai pulls me back.

"I-I ordered for you" he says stuttering. I give him a look before looking at Star and Luzzy. They have the same facial expression that I do.

"You did?"

"Yea, we were getting the same thing so I ordered for the both of us" he says.

"Aww, thanks Kai. Lemme pay you back" I said reaching for my money but he quickly shakes his head.

"No it's fine" he says and pushes the money back. I nodded and put it away.

"Well thank you" I say to him looking away. Star and Luzzy share another look before looking away. Uh ok.....

"Order 2 and 3" one of the workers says. She hands Luzzy and Star their food and they walk off to find somewhere to sit.

"One number 4" she says and hands Kai the bag.

"Go, I'll wait for my food" I say to him and he nods. I stand there and another worker comes and passes me my food.

"Number 4?" She says looking down, I can't really see her face.

"Yea, thank you" I say and grab the bag. The worker looks up and I gasp. That's interesting...

"Cali" I say looking at her.

"Storm" she says in the same tone.

"You work here?" I ask her and she rolls her eyes.

"What does it look like Storm" she says.

"No need for the attitude Cali. Thanks for my food" I say nodding at her. She waves and gives me no type of expression. Ok... I walk away and find the booth that they were sitting at. Once I do, I take a seat beside Luzzy and sit across Kai.

"Check your phone Storm, Josh just played in his first game" Luzzy says. I grab my phone and see I'm tagged in a few stuff by fan pages. I click on one the posts and it's a video of Josh from his game. My baby looks sooo good!

"Wow he looks good" I said smiling at my phone. I smiled as I seen him make a shot. I slide to the other video to see he and someone else on the other team has fallen. Josh gets up and starts yelling and beating his chest. I laughed to myself and shook my head. Only Josh, such a character.

"They won! Oh my gosh" I said smiling even more. My baby won his first college game. I'm so proud of him!

"Ayeee, go Gup!" Star says clapping. Everyone else at the table claps as well.

"That's all you Stormy" Luzzy says teasing me and I blushed.

"I need to text him!" I say and head to our messages.

"He's probably tired" Star says.

"Yea Star's right. And plus they were travelling so he's definitely drained. Give it an hour" Kai says. They are both right. Knowing Josh, he probably went back and took a shower then fell asleep. I'll still send him a text though. So when he wakes up, he'll see it.

Storm💖⚡️
Hey Josh, you're probably sleeping but I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. I'm more then proud, I just can't find the word to describe it. I've seen the videos and can I just say how GREAT you looked😍 that's all me, period 😂 but honestly, congratulations on your first W in playing college ball. Many more to come😘 I love you, call me when you wake up

I smiled and put my phone down before I got right into my food. I hummed at the beautiful flavour of fried chicken on my tongue.

"Lovely, I know" Kai says and I nod.

Cali's POV

"Y'all I'm going on break" I say to my coworkers and they nod. I take my apron off and walk to the back. I grab my phone out of my pocket and go on Instagram. Ooo Josh had his game today. I look into that and see his team won. I smiled and thought to myself. Good job Josh! As I slowly got into my thoughts, I get a call and see it's from my mom. I rolled my eyes and pressed answer.

"Hello"

"Hi my worthless daughter" she says causing me to sigh and roll my eyes. Here we go....

"What do you want mother?" I ask her with attitude.

"Don't talk to me like that you piece of shit. You didn't pay the light bill this month, so who's gonna pay for it? Cause I know your father ain't" she says.

"How about you pay it? Ever since I got a job you think my money has to go towards the bills you adults should be paying" I say to her.

"You never do anything. You just sit on your ass looking pretty. Why don't you put that beautiful body to use to make some money for me huh?" She says and I had to pull my phone away from my ear to try and comprehend what she just said. Wtf did she just say?

"Mother. Never say some stupid shit to me like that ever again" I say to her.

"Oh Cmon Cali, it'll be like old times. Remember that" she says, which causes me to get quiet.

"Bye mom, I'm at work" I say quietly.

"You better come in with that light bill money unless you wanna be sitting in the dark for the rest of the week" she says before hanging up. I put my phone down and cover my face.

This is the stupid shit I have to go through by myself!