Chapter 5

Star's POV

"Hey mom, sup Heav" I say walking into the kitchen. They are sitting by the counter having conversation.

"Hey honey. Are you done your homework?" She asks and I nod.

"Yea, just came down to grab a snack" I say to them. I walk over to the cabinet and grab a bag of Doritos and a can of pop. I walk over to them and open my bag of chips.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask them grabbing a chip then eating it.

"About Storm. I miss her" Heaven says and my mom nods. The light bulb in my head binged and as I smiled widely.

"That reminds me. Mom, I have a great idea" I say and sit beside her. She rolls her eyes and laughs at me.

"What is it this time Star? No I'm not giving you money" she says and I gasp.

"Why do you always think I'm gonna ask you for money?" I ask her.

"All you ask for is money!" She says and Heaven and I laugh. Well, she's not wrong.

"Well no that's not it. I was gonna say, what if Storm came back..." I trailed off. She gave me a look.

"Of course she can, Christmas break is near" she says and I face palm.

"No I meant like, live with us, like now" I say to her and she lets out a little laugh.

"Sweety Storm has her own life in Canada, and even if she could. Have you met her mother?" She says and I sighed. She was right. It's her mom that's the big factor.

"Ok but I still need permission from you first. Can she live with us?" I ask her and lean towards her. She looks at me then Heaven, who was also anxious to know the answer.

"Well yea of course she can, but why would she leave just to come back?" She asks. I look at Heaven and she sighs.

"Mom, Storm isn't happy at home. Mentally" Heaven says. Our mom gives us a worried look.

"Is she ok, what do you mean?" She says.

"She just isn't happy. She feels like she's alone, and has been feeling very low lately. We helped Storm by being with her, making her he feel like she isn't alone and has people around her that loves and care for her. She felt like she was genuinely happy here, here in Arizona, here with us. We know she is feeling down again and we don't want her to" Heaven says. My mom looks at us and smiles.

"God has placed me with the most caring kids in the whole wide world. Does her mother know how she feels?" She asks and we shake our head. She looks at me and smirks.

"So Ms.Big Idea, what plan do you have to convince Storm's mom with?" She asks me and I laugh.

"Ok so basically..." I started.

Storm's POV

I glanced at my phone every now and then as me and Peyton did our school work. I invited her over because she was home by herself and didn't want to be alone. I know how that feels... so I invited her over. Now we are doing our homework.

"Are you gonna check your phone or just keep looking at it?" She asks me. I look at her to see she put her pencil down.

"Uh, it's nothing" I say and look back down at my paper.

"Storm, you know you can talk to me" she says with a small smile. Peyton was a very understanding person. And a great listener, I guess I can tell her. I sighed and put my stuff down.

"Alright, so I guess I can tell you. So as you may know, I had a boyfriend this summer" I started.

"The one you always posted?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yea him. His name is Josh. So, we started dating close to the beginning of summer maybe a few weeks in. It was known from the start that I was only in Arizona for the summer. As it got closer to the end of summer, I hid the fact that I was leaving. I guess I gave off the idea of me staying, 3 days before it was time for me to leave. I told him" I said to her. She sat there just listening.

"Your first mistake was hiding from him that you were really leaving" she says and I sighed. I didn't wanna hear the truth but she was right.

"I know, I should've been honest" I say to her and she nods.

"So what happened after?" She asked.

"The day I was leaving he didn't show up to the airport. And we haven't talked since then too. But recently he sent me a text" I say to her and her eyes widen a bit.

"A text? Well what are you doing? Open it" she says and I shake my head.

"What no I can't" I say shaking my head. She kisses her teeth and crosses her arms.

"Storm. Do you love that boy?" She asks.

"Yea"

"Do you miss him?" She asks I nod.

"So then, answer his message. One of you had to make the first move and he clearly did. You just gotta let him in" she says. Again, she was right.

"I'm nervous" I say to her and she sighs. She grabs my hands and opens them. She then grabs my phone and places it in my hand.

"Do it Storm. I promise you, if you guys just talk everything will be ok" she says smiling at me. I smiled back and looked back down at my phone. Ok Storm you can do it...

I unlocked my phone clicked on iMessage. My thumb trimbled above his name. Storm.... just click on it. It's not that hard. I glanced at Peyton and she just looked at me calmly.

"Take your time" she says. I nodded and looked down. I clicked on his name.

"Ok, now to answer" I say.

Josh C
Hey Storm

Storm
Hey Josh
Read at 7:30pm

"Omg he read it" I say and throw my phone. She laughs at me and shakes her head.

"Doesn't it feel good to finally get it over with. See it's ok" she says. Then my phone buzzes. She gives me my phone and I hesitate to take it back. When I do I see a message from him.

Josh C
We need to talk