Chapter 29

Storm's POV

"So what did your mom say?" Peyton asked me. Today we decided to stay at my house instead of going to school. We went to get our work then came back, now we are in my living room.

"Well, she was mad at first that I wanted to leave her cause all she had was me. But she said that all she wants for me is to be happy. And if Arizona is somewhere where I'll be genuinely happy, then she'll consider letting me live there" I said to her.

"If you talked to her about this sooner, do you think you'd be living there now?" She asks me.

"I honestly don't know" I sit there thinking for a bit. I honestly don't think she would've let me move but I would visit a lot more. If I opened up to her sooner about how I've been feeling, things will definitely be different.

"Well I'm kinda glad you didn't leave, I got to make a great friend" she says smiling. I smiled back at her and nodded. As I was about to say something, my phone buzzed. Josh was calling me.

"Hey um, Josh is calling me" I say and she nods.

"Yea go answer him. I'm just gonna finish up my work" she says and I nod and get up from my seat. I go up to my room and close the store. I sit on my bed and put my AirPods in, then pressing answer.

"Hi baby" He says with a big smile. I smiled back and looked at him. He was in his uniform.

"Hi Joshy. You look so cute in your uniform" I tell him and he fakes a pose. I started to laugh as he laughed with me.

"Thanks, I just got. I'm getting ready to do a team interview and wanted to check on my favourite girl" he says causing me to blush. I cover my face and he lets out a little laugh. I'm his favourite girl, how sweet.

"You're so adorable. But what's up?" He asks.

"I'm just at home, here with Peyton. We were doing our school work" I say to him.

"Why aren't you at school?" He asks me and I sighed looking down.

"Things aren't really working out for me right now" I say to him. His face changes and he gives me a concerning look.

"What's been going on?" He asks taking a seat wherever he is.

"I've been getting bullied for modelling with Saweetie. And I got into a group fight with these girls" I say and he just looks at me.

"Who the hell are these people? Do I need to come down to Canada and beat some asses?" He says and I let out a little laugh. This boy.

"You know you can't do that babe. You'd get in trouble and I wouldn't want you risking anything for me" I say to him.

"You don't deserve this, you're already feeling a way being at home. Why do people gotta make things worse just because you're doing better things then they are. People can be so jealous and judgmental. They are so aggravating bro" he says in a frustrating way.

"Yea I know. But I can't change how people feel or act" I say to him.

"Storm, you're a beautiful and strong girl. I know you'll get through this. Keep that beautiful and positive head of yours on your shoulders and I know you'll be fine. I wish I was there with you right now comforting you. I'm so sorry" he says and I frown at him.

"Awww baby it's ok. Really it is. You're getting ready for your first game in college, I'm so excited for you and I'm supporting you no matter what. You need to focus on your main priority and that's what you're doing" I say and he smiles a bit.