Chapter 46: Haven Reached

Start from the beginning

A female Mistral pilot begins speaking over the radio in a panic. Hearing this, Weiss stands up straight and listens closely.

Mistral Pilot: Mayday, mayday! We are a small passenger flight, and our Huntress is down! We aren't equipped to deal with this!

Pilot: Oh man.

Mistral Pilot: The Grimm hit us 400 klicks north of the southern shoreline!

Weiss's eyes widen in shock from the sudden sound of an explosion happening as the Mistral Pilot gasps from the impact.

Mistral Pilot: Get them off us! If anyone can hear this-- Ah!

She cries out as another explosion can be heard before the transmission abruptly ends. The Atlas pilot turns off his radio and turns the ship. Weiss walks over to him and grabs onto a handle in the ceiling.

Weiss: We're going to help them, right?

Pilot: What? No. I'm trying to avoid them.

Weiss: But...they'll die.

Pilot: Look, if we picked up their transmission, I'm sure someone else did, too. Besides, this is a cargo ship. She's not much good in a fight. I just wanna finish this job and get home. Sorry, kid. My ship, my rules.

Weiss closes her eyes holding onto Y/N's necklace before gazing out the windshield as the ship turns to the right and continues flying over the lake.

Back at Mistral RNJR and Qrow enter the campus grounds of Haven Academy, which is devoid of any other people. They stop in a courtyard, where Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her eye as Y/N holds her hand giving her a smile.

Ruby: We made it.

Qrow stops behind them, and while they continue on their way, he takes a moment to glance around and lets out a sigh.

Ruby: Hello?

Inside a hallway, RNJR is following Qrow, and Ruby calls out once again, louder this time.

Ruby: Hello?!

Nora: Maybe try louder?

Ren: There doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Jaune: Well, I guess school isn't really in session right now. Maybe that's it.

Y/N: I thought that at least some Huntsmen and Teachers would be here.

Qrow: No, this isn't right. Come on.

Qrow hurries ahead.

Ruby: Wait for us!

The ex-students up the pace to catch up, and soon, all six are running to a pair of wooden double doors. Qrow comes to a stop in front of them, draws his sword, and extends the blade.

Qrow: Get ready. There could be trouble.

RNJR and Y/N follow his lead and draw their weapons. Qrow brings up his foot and kicks the door open. Just on the other side, Professor Lionheart
widens his eyes, throws his hands into the air, and lets out a frightened scream.

Jaune, Ruby, and Nora widen their eyes and scream as well, while Ren and Y/N gives the headmaster a confused stare.

Qrow suddenly looks down, loses his balance, and falls. Shortly after, Lionheart makes a noise and briefly faints. Team RNJR along with Y/N let their weapons down and stare, dumbfounded, while Qrow sits up.

Ruby: Uh, Professor Lionheart?

Lionheart gasps and sits up.

Lionheart: Qrow! For crying out loud, you nearly scared me half to death!