Chapter 68: Together

3rd Person POV:

With a plan in mind the L/N family sets out to find any survivors left in the burning remnants that is Hasumi.

Kazuto: (cutting down a Beowolf) Damn! I've never seen so many Grimm in one place.

Y/N: (gunning down some Grimm) Definitely isn't like training.

Sakuya is seen retrieving her familiars just like she did in the memory.

Sakuya: I've haven't found anyone.  Maybe everyone already evacuated.

Kazuto: Or they were already killed.

Y/N: Then-

Suddenly all three of them hear a loud scream as the L/N family run towards the source of the sound.

They make it to the scene as a man is seen surrounded by multiple Beowolves as he is swinging a stick in an attempt to defend himself.

Man: Get away! Get away!

A Beowolf lunges at him as it's sliced in half by Kazuto as Y/N jumps in the air and guns down half the pack.

Kazuto: (to the man) Get to safety!

Man: Y-Yeah...

He runs off as the L/N family continues to take some more Grimm before meeting up.

Sakuya: I think that's everyone evacuated.

Kazuto: Okay, let's get outta here and see if we can find any other survivors and then we'll find somewhere for shelter.

Y/N: Okay d-

Suddenly a spear of flaming obesidian pierces her chest as it then fades.

Y/N: D-Dad...

Kazuto and Sakuya's eyes widen in shock as they see their daughter fall to the ground before spotting a figure in the distance amongst the flames with golden flaming eyes.

Sakuya & Kazuto: Y/N!!!!

Kazuto: (narrating) Y/N was killed by that Cinder woman and that was the same day you were born.

Back in the real world Cordovin, who's still in control of a large Atlesian mech continues to trudge in the ocean in order to chase the airship Maria and Weiss are in.

Weiss: You're joking, right? You want to fight this thing?!

Ruby: We've fought giant monsters before. This is just a tiny old lady... with one very big robot.

Cordovin: You little spider-roaches thought you could creep your way to Atlas?! Well, let's see how your resolve holds out against the might of the Atlesian Military!

Cordovin prepares to take down the airship with a missile that pops out from a slot on the arm cannon. The missile fires and tracks the airship, but suddenly, it explodes harmlessly just right behind it.