Chapter 3: Familiar Faces

Y/N POV:

After leading Ruby and Jaune back the way we came we go inside the Amphitheater to see the rest of the applicants.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! (leaves)

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) At least your still with me Y/N.

Only for him to see me already walking away.

Y/N: (Sorry Jaune I don't do well in crowds)

I put my hood up and blend into the background with my attention getting diverted by Ruby and Yang.

Yang: How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Yang: (smiling broadly) Are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!

I then see a girl that I recognized as Weiss Schnee the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company walk up to them.

Weiss: You!

Ruby: (quickly jumping into her sister's arms) Oh, God, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: (deadpan) Oh my God, you really exploded.

Ruby: : It was an accident. (getting down; to Weiss) It was an accident! (Weiss holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to her) What's this?

She then starts listing off all the policies for the company at a quick rate.

Y/N: (She really knows how to defend a company)

Ruby: Uuhhh...?

Weiss: You really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely?

Weiss: (handing the pamphlet to her) Read this, and don't ever speak to me again.

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby: (putting the pamphlet away) Yeah! Great idea, sis! (holding out her hand as she clears her throat) Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Weiss: (seemingly enthusiastic) Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute girls, like tall, blue, and shy over there!

She then points at me.

Y/N: (Wait, what?!)

I feel my face start to heat up even more as I pull my hoodie over my face more to hide my embarrassment.

Ruby: Wow, really?!