Chapter 18

After I had finished removing the anti-cavalry spikes scattered inside the cave, I began to test my newly evolved body. At first, it was kind of a hassle. And it wasn't simply because of how much my body size has increased, it was also because this new body of mine was far stronger and way more agile than ever before. Seriously, it felt like I was given an exceptionally powerful weapon despite not having the slightest idea of how to use it.

Honestly, it was vastly different from my first evolution. That time, when I tested moving my body after evolution, I didn't feel any huge difference compared to my Dire Wolf Cub form. Yes, my body had also increased in size that time and I also felt a little weird moving because of the new-found strength within my body. But at least, I didn't feel like I was losing control every time I made huge movements. And when I said that I felt like I was losing control, you better believe that was really the case. I mean seriously, I couldn't even properly regulate how high or how long the distance was when I jumped.

Man, this is such a hassle... I sighed.

Fortunately, unlike the last time I had evolved, I was not starving this time around. From the looks of it, the food that I had eaten before was enough to bring out the full capacity of this body even after the evolution was completed. Most likely, the evolution process hasn't consumed all the nutrition provided by that food, and that was why there was still enough leftover nutrition within me to help me keep going even if I don't eat for a while.

If that is the case, then I'm gonna use this opportunity to train and get used to this body first before I explore and start hunting around this area!!

***

It took me quite some time, but I was finally more comfortable in moving my body now. Of course, it wasn't to the point of complete mastery like I had over my body before. But at least, the weird feeling in my movements has subsided to the point that it was now possible for me to hunt for food. Well, it was more like I had already begun to feel a little hungry so I had no choice but to hunt for food, despite my reservations. And so, I had left the cave and now I was strolling around searching for a prey with extreme caution.

Looking at the walls of the cliff, I reckon that it might be possible for me to climb up using the jutting rocks and holes scattered all over it. Unfortunately, the relentless buzzing I was hearing up above prevented me from taking that option. Well, if it was just climbing, I have no problem with that. But fighting off those bees while climbing on an uneven foothold? Nope, not gonna do it. So, of course, if I could not climb the cliff, then I just needed to find some other way to climb back up.

At first glance, those holes on the wall of the cliff might have looked just like a cave with a dead end, but I doubt every single hole was like that. Probably, some of those holes might actually be a path leading inside the holes. My guess was maybe this place was made up of a lot of interconnected caves. Of course, I was not making this deduction based on just my guess. The biggest clue for me was the name of this place. If you could remember, this place was called "Great Vicious Caverns." And based on the name "Caverns," this place was certainly made up of multiple caves.

And so, I was currently carefully looking at every cave I encountered to check if it was a dead end or not. Unfortunately, I still haven't found any cave that I could use to explore the interior of the walls. Another problem was I still hadn't encountered any other monster. Normally, that would be a good thing. But given that my hunger was steadily getting worse, I really needed to find something to eat.

Actually, I could guess why there seemed to be no monsters around this area. Most likely, it has something to do with that Cerberus from before. Although I couldn't feel its presence right now, I got a feeling that the monsters around this area had either run away or were already inside the Cerberus' stomach. Honestly, that thing was a walking disaster.