Chapter 56

In just one attack, the Anties King and his minions managed to kill a bunch of ape type monsters. Seeing those dead soldiers, the Tronobo and Pronobo flew into rage and charged straight into the Anties King. But as a result of their action, the apes frontmost defensive formation was further weakened causing more havoc and loss of lives. More than that, it also seemed like the two ape monsters were no match against the Anties King. As proof of that, the Tronobo and Pronobo were getting trashed by their enemy without being able to do a thing. And the worst thing was, the three Anties General were also left unchecked.

Tsk!! This isn't looking good!! Because of all that chaos upfront, the number of ants coming into my way were also increasing. Goddamn pesky ants!! In that instant, I activated all my speed and body enhancing skills. "GRAAAAAAHHHH!!" Starting with a roar, I began to slaughter all the ants in my immediate vicinity. After that was done, I took advantage of that open space and ran forward.

"So, what would it be? Will you follow our code and pay your debt, or will you listen to that?" Asked the voice.

"We have to run and survive! That is their wish! Remember?!" Another one plead.

Shut up!! I raged. This isn't a matter of survival or code! Because for one, this decision is mine! And this is just me, being me, living by my pride! The pride of standing by what I started! It's actually quite simple, I'm the one who asked for their cooperation so I am going to see through that!! I pledge to myself.

Following that burning resolve, I charged straight to the center of the chaos. Once I was in, I began to kill the ants who were swarming the group of apes. This, of course, surprised not only the ape soldiers, but also the Gigarillon who was still defending their frontmost formation. But since we were all in a desperate position, even just a glance was enough for us to understand what needed to be done.

Fine, I'm in!! With that thought in mind, I sprinted to where the Gigarillon was. At that same exact time, the Gigarillon also left his position and ran towards me. Then as we passed by each other, I signaled with my eyes. Don't die until we settle our score!!

In truth, our plan was actually quite simple. The Gigarillon and his two confidants would keep the powerful ants in check, while I would replace their position upfront and carve our way forward. In short, we swapped our roles. But more than that, I also had no doubt that this was our best option for now. And upon using Assess on the Gigarillon and seeing his level, that hypothesis has further solidified in my mind.

[Name: (Unnamed)

Race: Gigarillon

Level: 45

Status: Wounded]

With that level, there is no doubt that he will be able to keep that Anties King in check while also running away, was my final conclusion on the matter.

Though it was true that the Gigarillon was wounded, he was still the only one among us that has a level close enough to contend against the Anties King. Furthermore, our goal was just to get out of here. This, of course, meant that the Gigarillon doesn't need to fight the Anties King in a deathmatch. At most, all he needed to do was to slow down the monster while also running away. Now, let's just hope that the Tronobo and Pronobo would be able handle those three Anties General.

[Name: (Unnamed)

Race: Tronobo

Level: 35

Status: Exhausted]

[Name: (Unnamed)

Race: Pronobo

Level: 34

Status: Exhausted]