Chapter 29

The battalion of ape type monsters travelled through a long and winded path. From the looks of it, it seemed like the area where we (the monster prisoners) were being held was located underneath the actual base of operation of these ape type monsters. And when we finally made it to the surface, I was surprised by the sheer height and width of the monsters' base of operation.

Looking around, I noticed that the area seemed to be shaped like a rough cylindrical object. In its central hollow part, there were some lumber sized branches that seemed to function as both a bridge and a support for the whole hollow portion of the place. And on the wooden walls that were enclosing the hollow portion of the area, there were some human sized holes which probably served as both an entrance and an exit for this place.

This place surely resembled a tower or maybe a light house. Was my first impression.

From my current position at the very bottom of the area, I couldn't seem to see the ceiling of the place. And even though the absence of light was also a factor to consider as a reason, most likely, this tower-like place was just that high to the point that I couldn't see the top even with that aid of my Night Vision skill.

While still looking up, I mentally asked. Just how high is this area really? And it was then that our group finally exited the place.

When our group finally made it outside, the true identity of the tower-like base all became clear.

Towering in front of us was a gigantic tree. And that tree, as you may have guessed, was the true form of that tower-like base. Surrounding that gigantic tree was an area full of greenery of plants. And just like my home forest and that swamp like area, this place also had a ceiling in which the only dim source of light was coming from. Though because of this ginormous tree, the whole jungle type area was being covered by the shades and shadows of those giant leaves and branches. Of course, that didn't mean that the jungle type area was small by any means. In fact, this area was probably as expansive as my home forest and that swamp like area. It was just that the tree was enormous enough to cover that much of a space.

So, this is why I can't seem to see the ceiling inside... I concluded while gazing at the giant tree in awe.

It was then the battalion of ape type monsters had split into three groups. Each of the groups consisted of three squads and for some reason, the three squads that were carrying us (the three monster prisoners), were all in a single group being led by the supreme commander of the raid which was the Tronobo.

After splitting into three groups, the ape type monsters proceeded to leap into action by the signal of the Tronobo. Following that, the ape type monster made full use of their agility and jumped from tree to tree just like some ninjas.

Upon seeing the outstanding ability of the ape type monsters to move in this dense forest, I couldn't help but shudder at the thought of fighting them in a place like this. Most likely, even with my enhanced agility when Haste was active, I would only be able to barely keep up if I fought them in an area like this. Seriously, I think that even those Lesser Banobos would be a huge threat for me.

What was most terrifying about all of these was the Banobos. For one, even though these three Banobos were literally carrying us on their shoulders, the monsters didn't seem handicapped at all. In fact, the three Banobos were moving with even more grace compared to their Lesser Banobo subordinates. And then, there was also that Tronobo, which despite having a boulder like body, was still able to move with the same agility and grace as the three Banobos.

So, how come those trees weren't even shaking or even yet, weren't even making a noise when that boulder-like Tronobo lands on them?! That's just ridiculous!! I internally screamed.