Chapter 4

I couldn't believe that I was reincarnated into an actual game-like world. I mean seriously, a fantasy world was a big enough shock. But an actual world with levels and Status Screen like this? This is like a cliché from those novels where the protagonist was reincarnated to become a hero... I hope I don't end up like that... Seriously, that role doesn't suit me... And besides... I looked at my two front legs. Right, I'm pretty sure I'm a monster... Sigh... Now, what to do?

I once again gazed at the notification still displayed in front of me. Well, I guess the logical thing to do in this kind of situation is gathering as much information as possible. Knowledge is another form of weapon after all. After deciding my course of action, I focused my mind on one particular information displayed on my Status Screen. Based on the novels and that MMORPG game I played, this information should have more to it... And just like what I had thought, it expanded and showed a much more detailed information.

[Race: Dire Wolf Cub]

[A Rank D monster and the weakest race from the Wolf Species. This monster's level ranges from 1 (which is the default level of any species from birth) And 10 which is the highest level for this race. After reaching level 10, the individual would be able to evolve into a full-fledged Dire Wolf]

I see, since I'm currently at level 7, I will be able to evolve after 3 more level ups. So far that has lined up from what I discovered from that dream... I wonder what level is my father and that enemy alpha...? Ah! What am I thinking? That's not what's important right now... But Rank D monster huh? From what I can see, even my skills have ranks?

After realizing that I could not gather any more information from the Race Tab, I looked at the other tabs displayed on my vision. But then I quickly realized that aside from the skills tab, the other tabs were all pretty much empty.

The four other tabs with the exception of the Titles Tab were all self-explanatory. I'm quite curious with that Titles Tab but being that there's nothing in it, looking at it now serves no purpose... Guess, I'll look at my skills huh? This might become crucial for my survival, so I need to look and analyze each of them in depth.

After much deliberation, I focused and analyzed each of my skills. The details were as follows...

[Enhance Small Fangs (Rank A)]

[Inherent Skill]

[Strengthen and sharpen the fangs by a little when biting an enemy, though the damage done by this attack is really weak which make this skill unreliable when dealing with tough objects]

Wow! What a skill! What the heck is even the point of having this! And it is even a so-called Inherent Skill!! Are you kidding me?! I bet this is the skill I unconsciously activated during that fight with the frog!! Wow!! This skill almost got me killed!! I complained internally. Sigh... Guess I'll move on... I just hope that the others are not as trashy as this one...

[Call of The Moon (Rank D)]

[Passive]

[Species Exclusive Skill]

[Increase the overall stats during a full moon]

[Recovery (Rank B)]

[Passive]

[Inherent Skill]

[Speed up the recovery of stamina, mana and health through a rest. This effect does not include recovery from fatal injuries and certain status ailments]

[Detect Malice (Rank C)]

[Passive]

[Detect hostile intentions and presence from the immediate vicinity]