🇮🇹MARANELLO

Abella
Maranello, Italy

The week after arriving back in Maranello, I had been at Ferrari working relentlessly for long hours trying to complete everything Lorenzo, who was moody as ever, had assigned to me. Every task I had slaved over, yet he was still unimpressed. On top of my tiresome days working, things had been awkward between Charles and myself ever since we returned from Australia. I've wanted to talk to him all week on the matter, but we never seem to be in the same place for longer than ten minutes. With everything weighing me down, I needed time to step away from it all, so Maja had invited me over to stay the night for a girls only sleep over.

So on Saturday I cycle to her home, which proved difficult with all my things, heavy in my backpack making keeping myself on the bike a balancing act. She opens the door, instantly cackling at my burning face and wild hair. I join her chuckling as I enter and made myself comfortable. We decide to make lasagna for our dinner, and make a complete mess of the entire kitchen, cheese covering almost every surface.

After cleaning up after ourselves, we sit down on her comfy sofas, a glass of wine in hand, and talk about any recent updates in our lives. 

'So where is Gio tonight?' I ask for no particular reason other than my inquisitiveness.

'Out with the boys' Maja sighs, confusing me 'He's always "out with the boys". He spends more time with them than me, but boys will be boys'.

'Oh Maja. I'm sure it's just a man thing. The guy I live with is the same, always out or doing something. That's just how men are'. I haven't told Maja yet that I live with Charles, she knows about him, just not who he is. I decided that letting people know about it all is probably a bad idea, and I don't want it getting in the ears of the media. Especially with Charles ever rising fame, it's better to keep it to myself.

'Your right, I've just got to give him space and let him do his own thing sometimes'.

At that moment the oven starts to beep in the kitchen and we rise from the sofa, moving into the other room. I help Maja plate the food and we take our opposite seats on her small dining table.

'This is delicious Maja! I didn't know you were such a good cook' I compliment, taking a bite of my meal which truly is fantastic, possibly the best lasagna I've ever had.

'Well having an Italian boyfriend has its pros' is all she says with a cheeky grin. 'Oh by the way, you never mentioned you were practically famous!' She almost shouts, surprising me.

My cheeks turn rosy as I stumble to find words, 'I er, I'm not. What makes you think that?' I reply awkwardly, wondering where she had got this information from.

'They showed you walking around the paddock on the TV I was watching with Gio all weekend. You seemed friendly with the Red Bull boys, especially that Max Verstappen' she adds with a wink.

If my cheeks were already pink they are now a violent red as I practically malfunction in my embarrassment. Maja rolls into fits of laughter, almost falling off her chair, struggling to catch her breath. This carries on for a good few minutes until she finally calms down before saying 'I don't blame you Bella he's very easy on the eye'.

'I guess he is' I shrug, I'd never really payed that close attention to how Max looks before.

'Oh come on! You must fancy him a bit' she pushes for an answer, her gossiping nature getting the better of her.

'I don't know Maja' do I find Max attractive?

'Not even a little bit?' She looks me dead in the eye, unconvinced. As if on cue my phone, face up in the centre of the table, illuminates with a text message from Max. 'Well you fancied him enough to give him your phone number! Remember me when your officially famous' she comments dramatically, teasing me and I let out a light giggle at her silliness. We carry on our bantering into the early hours of the morning, the night ending with us both knocked out drunk on the sofas, still fully dressed and all.

I awake the following morning, contorted in an odd position on the floor, with a raging headache. I decide that I'm in too much pain to be able to concentrate on riding an unstable bike home with all my luggage. I try and wake Maja but she is still out cold next to me. Leaving a note instead, I pack my things and call a taxi to take me home. Looking at a phone I see another message from Max,

Max: I hope your head is alright this morning. You were pretty smashed on facetime last night😂

My face pales in shock, and the memories of me and Maja, late night facetiming Max resurface. I internally cringe recalling me and Maja asking Max childish things, such as Maja asking 'what's your favourite colour' then entering full hysterics.

Me: Morning :) sorry about last night🤦🏻‍♀️ my brain feels like it's melting😩

I reply to him and when the taxi arrives and I fold the bike up and place it in the boot with my bag, then sit in the back falling half asleep to the sound of the engine and the radio.

Reaching the door of the apartment, I ring the bell and wait patiently whilst readjusting my heavy bag to my other shoulder. To my surprise, when the door is opened a blonde boy stands in front of me. Taking a minute to register the unexpected guest, I gasp and toss myself at him, a wide smile plastered on my face. 'Arthur!' I scream in pure joy, jumping up and down on the spot in excitement. He gives me a boyish grin, helping me with my luggage.

'Hey Bella' he says happily 'I didn't expect that reaction'.

'I didn't expect you to be here!' I pull him into another bear hug, 'When did you get so tall?'

'When did you get so small?'

'Oi' I playfully smack him on the arm 'Where's Charles?'

'In the kitchen with Lo'

We move to the kitchen and see Lorenzo and Charles stood talking animatedly by the fridge. It brings a smile to my face to see that the two brothers are still so close. 'Hey LoLo' I draw their attention away from their conversation. He approaches me and ruffles my hair, leaving me with a teasing grumpy pout on my face.

'Hey kid how have you been?' He asks using the nickname him and Jules always called me, as my fake frown fades into a look of glee.

'Better now that you guys are here. Charles didn't tell me you were coming otherwise I would have arrived earlier'

'It was meant to be a surprise, to cheer you up, I know you've had a hard and busy week' Charles chips in from the corner, meeting my eyes. My heart warms, speeding up.

'Well thank you, it's just what I needed' I tell him shyly, I can't believe he arranged all this just for me.

Hey guys here's another chapter for you all which I hope you enjoy. I'm overwhelmed at how many people have read this story so far so thank you all so much. Also I can't believe the seasons nearly over already but I can't wait for next year!! :))