🇫🇷FRANCE

Abella
Paul Ricard, France

Since Monaco, Charles and I have both been overwhelmed with work. We were both looking forward to being able to spend time together in Canada, but just as I'd got my hopes up, my supervisor Lorenzo calls to inform me that my internship requires me to work a certain number of hours in the factory, which I hadn't reached. So to my disappointment I had to tell Charles that I wouldn't be attending. When I told him, he pulled me into a hug and kissed the hair on top of my head saying, "We have all the time in the world when I get back" and the following day I drove him to the airport and waved him off.

Being in our home without him for even just two weeks was lonely, and to make matters worse he was always on my mind. So to counteract my feelings of isolation, I spent all my time in the factory, surrounding myself with people so I felt less alone. I called Charles every night before I went to bed, eager to hear how the team was getting on in Canada, I even managed to persuade Seb to use his phone every once in a while (which took some persistence believe me) to let me know what was going on in my absence. All in all, the two weeks that we were apart felt like some of the longest days of my life.

Once I had finally completed my monthly factory hours, I wasted no time packing my things, locking the apartment and catching the next flight to France. Being my home Grand Prix, Paul Ricard is a personal favourite of mine. All of the drivers will be travelling directly from Canada as the two races are back to back, leaving no time for a stop in between. I imagine they will all be shattered and jet lagged when they arrive, making me slightly grateful for my absence from Canada, and subsequently shorter flight from Italy.

When I arrive at the track it is still in a tranquil state, awaiting the chaos of the weekend approaching. Being one of the first team members at the circuit admittedly has its perks, allowing me the time to walk around the all too familiar location alone. I waste nearly an hour aimlessly wandering, until I am left stood in front of a huge mural painted onto one of the walls of the paddock. I lose myself staring into the painted eyes that I am accustomed to, a similar smile to the frozen one I look at gracing my own face. In the rush of things I had preoccupied myself with avoiding the thoughts his inevitable presence etched into his home. And here, displayed before him, I have no where to hide from his watchful gaze. Moving my line of sight to my feet, I let out a pent up sigh running my hands through my hair. I can already feel my body has a weight I thought I'd let go.

"I never thought I'd see you back here of all people" he says taking his place beside me, analysing the mural much alike I had a few moments prior.

I let out a faint chuckle, "Honestly me neither, but here I am" I reply solemnly, turning to look at him. "it's good to see you Thoine"

"It's good to see you too Bella" he smiles, wrapping his arm around me shoulder as we fall back into comfortable silence, Jules looking down on us.

"Let's head off, I don't want to overstay my welcome" I weakly joke, pulling his arm in the direction of the garages.

"I don't think staying your welcome really applies to you here Bella. Seriously, I'm sure if you asked the track managers nicely they'd let you live here" he jests, but I can sense the serious undertone in his voice.

"Maybe, but I know how pressured he felt when everyone's eyes were on him. And the only thing left I can do for him is to let him rest peacefully"

Anthoine stops me in my stride, looking deep into the widows of my soul, "You do so much more than that for him everyday. No matter whether he's here or not, you will always his greatest achievement". With that, my eyes blur and I feel a line tear drop down my cheek. Anthoine is quick to gently wipe it away with the warmth of his thumb, before pulling me into his chest as the rest fall.

We sit in the paddock hospitality, coffee's in hand while we catch up to date on each other's lives, sharing our achievements and humorous anecdotes. "So formula two, in a not creepy way I've been watching you all season from the tv. I can't believe it's taken this long for us to cross paths really" I ramble while Anthoine laughs at my expense.

"Yea, it really feels like a dream to think that next year, if I keep performing well, I could be here racing with Charles, Pierre and Esteban"

"It's going to feel like deja vu seeing you all racing together again. It only feels like yesterday when I would cheer you all on from the side of the karting track" I reminisce.

"We all know you were really cheering on Charles because he was always your favourite" he teases me as my cheeks burn up.

"He was not my favourite!" I defend as Anthoine gives me an unconvinced look. I ready to justify myself but I don't get the chance as Charles walks in joining the conversation.

"Who's not your favourite?" He asks innocently, causing Anthoine to fall into violent fits of laughter and my face to heat up more as I wish the floor would conveniently swallow me up. "Guys?" Charles asked confused chuckling awkwardly, still not understanding the situation he unintentionally contributed to.

"Hey Charlie" I greet, kicking Thoine under the table, successively eliminating his giggles. I stand up from my seat and accept Charles open arms, scowling at Anthoine behind Charles' back.

"How have you guys been?" He asks, letting me go but keeping his hand against the small of my back. Anthoine proceeds to babble a long winded version of how his day has gone so far. Meanwhile Charles takes the opportunity to whisper lowly, "I missed you" into my ear, while Anthoine is distracted by himself, creating a pink tinge on my cheeks for the second time in under five minutes.

Finally escaping Anthoine's grasp, Charles leads me towards his drivers room next to Ferrari. We walk further apart than usual, keeping our faces indifferent as we talk business avoiding drawing attention from unwanted cameras. The long walk is exhausting, having to act on our best behaviour at every second, and it's a relief when the secluded room thankfully comes into sight. Charles pushes the white door open entering the room and I follow him in pursuit. I close the door behind, shutting out the prying eyes, I feel Charles' warm arms wrap around my waist from behind and I let out a sigh of contentment as he buries his face into my neck. I smile, holding his firm arms against me as he trails loving kisses under my jaw and down my neck. He turns me around to face him, leaning over me, resting his forehead against my own. We smile happily together, gazing into each other's eyes. I watch his swirling green and blue eyes that I dream about as they inspect me, I can feel his breath against my lips. My eyes shutter closed as I feel him lean into me, craving his lips on mine. But as our mouths skim, there is a knocking on the door and we jolt to opposite sides of the room, retroactively to Charles' trainer, Andrea,  joining us in the room.

Hi guys, sorry again that this took so long to upload, it's exam season and stress levels have been keeping me preoccupied. Thank you all for sticking with me and continuing to read every update. I hope you all continue to enjoy! Thank you as always :))