🇮🇹MARANELLO

Abella
Maranello, Italy

'Holy shit Abella. Where were you? I was about to call the damn police!'

Charles je suis vraiment désolé' I begin in our native language 'I didn't realise you were home. My phone died while I was out'
(I am really sorry)

'Don't worry. It's not a big deal. You've been gone for hours and it gave me a scare that's all' he says awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

'Oh err ok' I reply, an unusual wave of disappointment washing over me. 'Actually I've been meaning to talk to you'

'Go ahead' he adds gesturing to sit down.

'I've been thinking about finding my own place. You know, so I'm out of your hair' I explain.

'What makes you think your "in my hair"?' He laughs looking at me expectantly.

'Well... I don't know. I guess I just assumed you wanted your own space back eventually'

'No, it's not a problem, if anything it's nice to have some company. Plus I promised Tom that you could stay here'

'Well that's one less thing for me to do' I joke 'seriously though, thank you for all this. Feel free to kick me out when you do want your apartment back'

'I will' he laughs getting up and walking towards the simulator room, flashing me a grin on his way out.

Now having discussed and sorted my lodgings, I leave the kitchen with a chocolate bar, heading for my room. Entering, I start pulling clothes out of my closet and layering them into my, new and improved, suitcase that I had specially bought a few days prior. At 3am tomorrow morning I have a flight to catch to Melbourne in preparation for the first race of the formula one season. Although I am excited to go to Australia for the first time, I am not so ecstatic about the early flight. Never the less, I am determined to refine my race knowledge, ready for Bahrain.

After packing what feels like half of my belongings into my brown suitcase, no more butterflies, I get ready for bed, setting my alarm, and after about half an hour I finally drift off to sleep.

I'm sat on the pit wall, wearing my bright red Ferrari uniform. I watch the data as it streams in from the cars currently performing in the race. I radio in to Charles' car to inform him of a pit stop, ready to be performed in 3 laps time. He radios back affirmative. After 3 laps, Charles pits changing to softs as we are about to attempt fastest lap. The pit stop runs smoothly and in record time, letting me relax a little before turning back to the screens in front of me. Only at this moment do I notice a broken down car in the middle of the track at turn 5. I rush to get back on the radio to Charles, to alert him of the danger ahead and to slow down. But as I call to Charles the signal is lost and all I receive is a static buzz through my headphones. I begin to shout frantically to Charles, changing to the back up radio, but I'm too late. All I can make out is Charles asking 'is everything okay?' sounding confused, before I see him quickly turn the corner, rapidly spinning his wheel to avoid the obstacle, when he loses control of the car and is launched into the barrier. Upside down.

I wake up sweating, my breathing erratic. I feel a hand on my shoulder causing me to jolt up in fear. I whip my head around to see Charles looking at me concerned. All it takes is for our eyes to lock until I burst into floods of tears. He quickly climbs into my bed, holding my shaking frame in his arms, pulling my head into his chest. We stay like that for what feels like forever, until I finally fall back into my sleep.

Hey guys, here's a nice little update for you all, where we actually get to see a bit more of Charles and Abella together. Feel free to vote and comment as I'd love to read them! Hope you enjoy :))