Chapter 14 - Tether Me

My chest tightened at his words and I peeled back, frantically searching his face for any signs he was joking.

With heavy-lidded eyes he stared back at me, his hand wrapping around the back of my neck, fingers lightly kneading.

"I—" My voice cracked. "I don't know what to say."

His gaze dropped to my lips, idly nibbling at the corner of his mouth. "Then don't say anything."

He kissed me with an unbridled passion I never imagined the God of the Underworld to possess. His hand on my neck moved to the back of my head, twisting his fingers into my hair. I moaned against his mouth, curling my fingers into the top of his robe, and pulling him tighter against me.

With a sweep of his tongue, he parted my lips, deepening the connection. I whimpered as our mouths devoured one another. His hand slid to the small of my back, moving me forward until the side of my leg bumped against something soft.

The bed.

I peeled away, gazing down at the sprawling black satin comforter. An enormously wide bed fit for a king.

"Did you—" Hades started to say, but I stole his whisper with another kiss, reassuring him that what was about to happen I was completely and utterly on board.

His growl vibrated in my throat as he pushed me backward. My back hit the mattress and I lifted to my elbows in time to see him snap his robe away, standing naked in defined muscular glory, and already...alert. He prowled across the bed, hovering above me.

I reached for him and bit down on his lower lip. He grunted, peeling away with a look of surprise before it morphed into pure deviation. He slid his hands up the outside of my thighs, pushing my dress up until it rested around my ribs.

He dipped his mouth to mine, tendrils of his blue hair skirting over my cheeks. His hips pressed against me, the hardened flesh pushing against my stomach evidence enough that not only are Greek gods equipped to function like us mortals, but also taking it an extra kilometer.

A haggard breath escaped my throat as I wrapped my legs around him, hooking my ankles behind his back. Here's hoping it was enough of a silent plea for him to get inside me already.

I could feel his wicked grin against my lips as his fingers slipped into the top of my underwear, making them disintegrate. He traced down my folds, making me arch back and whimper.

"Never in a million years would I have imagined a mortal woman willingly giving herself to the King of the Dead." His deep voice rumbled against my throat.

I bucked my hips. "And I never imagined the God of the Underworld, would ever bother pleasuring a normal gal like me."

I stared up at him with heavy eyes.

His length pressed against me and every muscle inside me clenched simultaneously.

"You're far from normal, Nutmeg." He plunged into me, filling me to the hilt.

I cried out, digging my nails into his back.

He froze, letting my body accustom to him, welcome him, giving my neck licks and nips. Swirls of black smoke and fog wafted around us, making me feel as if I were floating.

He started to rock inside me, bracing himself with his forearms on either side of my head. My breathing went erratic as I stared up at him, those yellow eyes watching my every expression, reading me, desiring to please me.

The smoke and fog surrounded him, reminding me who I was underneath. A god. A king. But still as mortal to me as human man. Better even. The flames of the nearby fireplace turned from orange to blue, sparking and lashing.

With every thrust he gave, I'd roll my hips to meet him, deepening the connection. My body quivered on the edge of exploding. I dropped one hand from his shoulders to grip the dark sheets beneath me for dear life.

He hovered his mouth near my ear. "Let go, Meg. Let go for me."

His command was enough to push the raging inferno building inside me to cataclysmic proportions. I shrilled out in pleasure, digging my nails so hard into his back if he were mortal, I would've broken skin. He snarled against my cheek, thrusting through ever shake and shiver of my release.

When the tremors started to dwindle, he lifted me up, so I was sitting in front of him with my legs sprawled on each side of his hips, my heels digging into the mattress.

"Lift your arms," he demanded and when I obliged, he tore the dress over my head, throwing it to the side.

A feral growl vibrated in the back of his throat as he gazed down at my bare breasts. He took one into his mouth, tongue swirling over the nipple before giving it a playful bite.

I curled one arm around his neck and rocked myself against him. He returned his mouth to mine, using both of his hands now to grab my butt, guiding my movements.

"You chose me," he whispered.

I half-smiled. "Smartest choice I've made in a very long time."

His nostrils flared, the intensity of the fog around us growing denser, the blue flames lashing from the fireplace. His thrusts grew harsher and animalistic, shoving me back down to lay on my back, and throwing my legs over his shoulders. He drove deep over and over, making me writhe, buck, and gasp.

As I delved into another climax, this time, he joined me. His back arched and he cried out at the ceiling, his canine teeth sharpening for a fraction of a second as the cry dove into a feral growl. The fog froze in mid-float as did the fire and when his eyes shifted back to me, his body relaxing, the fire and fog disappeared altogether.

He dropped at my side, curling my body against him. I wrapped my arms over his, simpering into his touch. He nibbled on my shoulder, slipping one of his large masculine legs between mine.

"So, that's what its like, huh?" I teased.

He let out a deep chuckle. "Having sex with a god?"

"Having sex with a king."

He blew out a breath and flipped me onto my back, hovering over me with an wry smile. "How do you do that?"

I laughed and playfully punched his chest. "Do what?"

"Intrigue me at every turn."

I shimmied my shoulders. "And give away all my secrets?"

A devilish grin tugged at his lips and he bent down to kiss me but froze.

"Hades? What is it?"

He let out a disgruntled sigh. "Duty calls, babe."

"What kind of duty?"

After giving a quick kiss to my forehead, he slid from the bed, swung an arm around himself, and in a swirl of smoke he stood as the Hades I'd first met—flaming blue hair, pointy teeth, and all.

I sat up, curling my knees against my chest. "Ah. The...Tartarus kind?"

He frowned, the once human-like eyes replaced by the villainous ones, but he was still there to me.

"I'm sorry I—"

I held up a hand. "Do what you gotta do, Hayd."

He floated for the door and then paused, peeking at me over his shoulder. "Will you still be here when I come back?"

I smiled. "I'm not going anywhere."

A/N: ;)