Chapter 50

"Vlad! I know what you're planning and trust me, you don't know what you're doing!"

"Of course, I do Little Badger."

Once Batman and the rest of the team arrived, they ambushed the warehouse. Danny was going to distract Vlad while Megan rescued Dani invisibly.

"You're making a mistake Vlad!" Danny yelled.

"Am I?" he chuckled. "If you're so smart Daniel, why don't you tell me what my plan is?"

"You started, with killing my parents." Danny said angrily. "You had the GIW do it, so that you wouldn't take the blame. In doing this, you distracted me. I was too busy mourning to realize what was going on. You traveled to different Star Labs all across the country searching for a specific part. You knew that once you found it, you would have to steal it.

Star Labs cleans up battles after superheroes, so you couldn't let them find out what you were doing. That's why you hired the super villains to steal all of those random items. You didn't care what they stole, you just needed a distraction. At some point, you tried to hire Johnny 13, but he didn't want to have a part of it. He told me you were working on some kind of gauntlet. Foolishly, I thought this meant you had discovered the Reality Gauntlet. But I had destroyed that.

Clockwork has had trouble detecting you. We thought that you had somehow blocked his vision. Every time you were out stealing something, all he saw was you sitting at home in your human form. But you didn't block him at all. Every time Clockwork tried to find you; he was looking for Vlad Masters. He didn't think to refer to you as Plasmius. Normally, this wouldn't matter. However, it does make a difference, when you have split yourself into two separate people.

You created the Ghost Gauntlets and split your ghost half from your human half. That's why you were able to wear the specter deflector, because you no longer had your powers. I can only assume that you were able to use it once on yourself before something went wrong. That's why you had to search for that part. But now that you have it, you are able to accomplish your end goal. Fusing your ghost half with mine."

Vlad started clapping. "I must say Daniel that was fantastic! I was really starting to get worried that you would never figure it out. You are correct, I do plan on fusing your ghost half with myself. By combing two half ghosts, that creates one full ghost with powers unimaginable. I could have whatever I wanted. I would be like a god!"

Danny glared at him, "You can't do this! I've been to a future where this exact same thing happens. My personality takes over your half and becomes evil. You aren't in charge. The world is on the brink of destruction. And your human half is left to wither in an old cave. You don't win."

Vlad hesitated for the shortest second. "That's the most preposterous thing I have ever heard. You're lying!"

"I'm not lying." Danny stated firmly. "Now, give me the gauntlets."

"No!" Vlad yelled. "You're going to do as I say, or I will kill the girl!"

"About that..."

Vlad spun around and saw Megan suddenly appear next to him. "Dani is safely out of harms way." As soon as the words left her mouth, Danny charged at him, punching him in the face.

"Get rid of those!" he yelled pointing at the gauntlets.

Wally quickly grabbed them and ran them over to Connor. In one move, Connor had crushed both of them in his hands.

"NO!" Vlad yelled in outrage. "You will pay for that!" he and Danny continued fighting.

Danny threw a shard of ice at Vlad and it pinned his cape to the wall. Artemis and Zatanna used this opportunity to fire their ghost weapons straight at Vlad.

He phased through the blast from Zatanna's Fenton blaster, but he was not expecting Artemis' attack. Danny had given her a Fenton crossbow and arrows coated in Blood Blossoms. Vlad yelled in both pain and outrage as the arrow pierced his side. He ripped the arrow out with anger and tore his cape off.

"I am done playing games with you children!" he flew over to Robin and became intangible. A moment later, Dick's eyes started glowing green. He started to speak. It sounded like Dick, but what he said made it clear something was wrong. "I would suggest that you all take a step back. Or else you are going to have a big mess to clean up." He reached into his utility belt and pulled out a batarang. He then held the weapon to his throat. "I will kill this boy Daniel. Or do you feel like calling my bluff?"

Danny's eyes flashed red. Batman looked like he was about to attack. "Don't do it. He's overshadowed Robin. He's not lying. He'll kill him if we don't do what he says." Bruce didn't like it, but he trusted Danny.

Dick smiled, "Smart move Little Badger. Since you have ruined my chances of getting what I truly desire, I suppose that means I must settle for escaping to make future plans. I'll be taking the boy with me, so if you even think about following me, it won't end well. Face it, Daniel, I still have the upper hand..."

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading. Only 2 more chapters left! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)