Chapter 38

After school on Thursday Alfred drove him to the train station. Bruce and Dick were there to see him off as well. He said his goodbyes and was off. He had asked Dani if she wanted to come visit, but she said she was busy.

Danny had texted Valerie earlier in the week to see if he could stay at her house and she said they would love to have him. Valerie was about the only person in Amity Park that he kept in contact with after the incident. They wouldn't talk a lot, but they would share the occasional meme or post every once and a while. It was kind of nice. Danny was glad that she didn't hate him anymore.

When the train arrived in Amity Park, the first thing he did was head to Fenton Works. When he opened the door, the smell of dust hit his face. This wouldn't do. He set his bags on the couch and proceeded to clean the entire house. With the help of ghost powers of course.

Once he was finished, the place looked as good as new. He walked into the kitchen. The place where it all happened. He would never be able to wipe that image from his mind.

Danny walked up the stairs to his bedroom. He was running low on supplies. He grabbed some extra blasters, Fenton creep stick, and a Specter Deflector just to be safe. Once he had gotten everything he needed, he went over to Valerie's.

~time skip~

The next day, Valerie had school. This left Danny to explore the town on his own. He went to the mall, the arcade even got some food at the Nasty Burger. Nothing had changed. It was exactly as he had left it.

Danny was walking past the Casper High when his ghost sense went off. He spun around and saw the Lunch Lady staring back at him. "What are you doing here?!" they yelled in unison.

"The deal was to not mess with you anymore, it never said anything about not coming back here." She explained. "What are you doing here?"

"I was on vacation." Danny got into a fighting stance. "I guess it's going to be a working vacation." The Lunch Lady threw the first punch and the battle began. It took some time, but in the end, Danny was able to pull her into the Fenton Thermos. However, he didn't realize that the final bell had rung.

"Is that the ghost boy?" he looked down and saw his English class standing below him.

He floated down to the ground, "Oh uh, hey everyone..."

"Where have you been?"

"I well... I had to go away for a while." He answered.

"Are you going to stay?"

He shook his head, "I'll only be here for a couple days. Sorry."

"Oh, give it a rest!" Danny watched as Dash and his other more notable classmates pushed their way through the crowd. He even saw Mr. Lancer in the back. Dash walked up to him and he didn't look happy. "Cut the act."

Danny was confused. "What do you mean?"

"We all know it's you." The anger left Dash's face. "Fenton."

Danny's eyes widened, "I uh... I don't know what you're talking about."

Dash rolled his eyes, "Look, I may be an idiot, but even an idiot can put two and two together."

"Danny Phantom disappeared at the same time Danny Fenton did." Kwan continued.

"Not to mention," Valerie added, "The first time that Danny Fenton came back, is also the first time we have seen Danny Phantom in months."

"You really are bad at keeping your secret identity," Star added, oh so helpfully.

Paulina frowned, "I can't believe I had a crush on Danny Fenton!"

Danny was starting to panic, was it okay if they all knew. Mr. Lancer put a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. We won't tell anyone."

"I..." Danny had to make a decision. He sighed. Two rings formed around his waist. The separated and traveled up and down his body. A moment later, Danny Fenton was standing before them. "So, how long have you known?"

"We started to suspect something about two weeks after you left," Flash answered.

"We started realizing things that we hadn't thought about before," Kwan added.

"Sam and Tucker hung around with Danny Phantom a lot. And they were your best friends." Valerie said sadly.

"Everything started to make sense." Mr. Lancer continued. "The absences, sleeping in class, drop in grades, and it all happened not long after your accident."

Danny nodded, "That's when I got my powers. I kinda... half died, I guess. Sam and Tucker were there when it happened... Jazz found out a bit later, so she helped us too... I just wanted to keep Amity Park safe..."

"Dude." He looked up at Dash, "You did a great job keeping us safe. I'm... really sorry I bullied you... after everything that you did to protect us..."

"We were all kind of mean to you," Paulina said looking down.

Danny smiled, "It's okay. It's in the past now so let's just forget about it."

Mr. Lancer nodded at him, "Well said, Daniel."

"Hey, let's all go to the Nasty Burger!" Star suggested. "For old times' sake."

Danny was glad that he had made this trip. He was now closer to his classmates than he ever had been before. He and Dash settled their differences, and he was even able to let Paulina down easy.

By the time the weekend was over, Danny had a lot more friends that he could talk to once he was back in Gotham. Mr. Lancer had even given him his email so that he could help him with his Literature class, which Danny greatly appreciated.

When Danny got on the train, they all came to the station to see him off. It was nice to have friends again. Especially those that knew both sides of him. But it was time to go back...

(A/N - Hey guys! Happy Friday! :) Thanks for reading! Stay whelmed and go ghost!)