Chapter 23

A week had passed since Danny had joined the team. Tonight, they were going on their first mission. Danny was excited for it, but he was also kind of nervous. He was used to fighting with Sam, Tucker, and Jazz, but he hadn't had a ton of practice fighting with these people. He wasn't completely sure of their fighting styles yet.

When Danny had left for school, he told Bruce and Dick that he had joined the art club. That was one of the few clubs that Dick wasn't in. Danny liked drawing, so it wasn't a complete stretch. This meant that any time they had a mission, he could tell them he had an art club meeting. It was perfect.

~time skip~

Danny arrived at the cave as soon as school was out. Most of the team was there already. Once everyone had gotten there, Batman started the briefing. He pulled up a picture on the screen, "We have received word the Psimon plans on stealing a shipment of Venom later tonight. We have no idea what he wants with the Venom. He might still be working with Queen Bee, or he might be doing this on his own. Your mission is to keep him from getting the Venom. However, let the Venom reach its destination, we have been tracking Bane's shipments and we want to see who this shipment is intended for. Good luck."

When Danny first saw the Bioship, he was unimpressed. Then Megan woke it up. Then he was impressed. The team flew to Santa Prisca and waited for the deal to go down.

Bane and his henchman were loading up the Venom when Psimon attacked. However, the team was able to stop him. Everything was going great until Psimon mind blasted Megan. Without their main line of defense against his mind attacks, the team was at his mercy.

Psimon grinned wickedly, "I see we have a new playmate." He turned to Danny "let's see what's in that head of yours..."

Suddenly, Danny felt a second presence in his mind. He collapsed to his knees in pain.

"My oh my..." Psimon smiled at the others, "Now this is a strange one, I have never seen a mind quite like this before... it's like... half of it is dead... oh... I see now..." he grinned at Danny, "You really are a freak... where'd they find you, the cemetery?"

"That's enough!" Megan was back on her feet and gave Psimon a mind blast. He fell to the ground and released his hold on Danny's mind.

Once he was free, Danny fell to the ground. Zatanna was the first to his side. "Danny! Are you okay?!"

He slowly opened his eyes, "What... what was that..."

Zatanna gasped, his eyes that were normally green, were now light blue... "What happened to your eyes?"

Danny quickly blinked, "What are you talking about?"

When she looked again, his eyes were green once more. "Sorry, I must be losing it..."

Dick walked over to Danny, "Do you know what Psimon could have been talking about?"

"No clue." Danny quickly stood up, "Well, I'm fine now. Let's go."

"Wait..." Wally looked around, "Where did Psimon go?" Unfortunately, while they were worried about Danny, he had managed to escape.

~time skip~

The team returned to the cave and were congratulated by Batman and Black Canary. After a quick mission report, everyone went home. However, on the way home, Dick filled Bruce in on a few things not mentioned in the report.

"That is very strange," Batman said in regards to Psimon's words about Danny. "We will have to keep a close eye on our new ally..."

(A/N - Hey guys! Thanks for reading! :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)