Chapter 8.

-TOMMYS POV-

"Tubbo! Sorry it's been so long since I last spoke to you. I've missed you so much." I stood up swiftly from the dry grass I had been perched on. "Let me show you what I built! You'd be so proud." Heading towards the new tent that was held up on the sand. "It's for you Tubbo. For when you visit me, do you like it?"

Silence.

"I-I know it's not much but it's all I've got right now." I peeked at the compass in my hand, pointing off to the distance across the ocean. "Tubbo..."

Time was passing so slowly here. Dream visited me whenever he had time between the things he was dealing with. It had been weeks since he had become king, I was so proud of him. It was shocking at first that Eret gave up his crown a second time, but Dream must have put up a good fight for it. His words were always convincing.

Ranboo had been to see me yesterday along with Phil but apart from that my company was close to zero. My wooden "hot girl" the only friend I had in these current moments, apart from 'My Tubbo.' Dream had started to let me keep my armour, even gifting me a trident after only he showed up to my beach party. He really cared about me, so I guess he was a friend too.

The wind gushed against my tattered and ripped clothes as I dragged my hands down my face in exhaustion. He would visit me soon, I knew it. Each day I waited just for his presence. He was kind to me, he made things seem less dark.

I went on a run around the planes, picking flowers. I wanted my tent area to be pretty. Maybe that would bring my mood up. Once I had collected several poppies and sunflowers, I began placing them around the makeshift home in a random pattern. Placing the last one, I took a step back, taking in the new environment some simple flowers had created. Beautiful. What now? Maybe I could make some more torches to brighten up the area for when it gets dark. I started going down my newly made path placing two logs and then nether rack, lighting it on fire and encasing it with birch trap doors so that it looks appealing. After creating another 5 I ran out of trap doors, I noticed some birch trees in the distance, but I was too tired.

Little things were draining me, all I had done was place some flowers and build a few torches. Nothing enough to get me as exhausted as I was.

I lay down on the beach, dipping my toes into the water and feeling shivers go down my spine at the extreme coldness. I just stayed there, not thinking about anything, not saying anything, not doing anything. I was just... there.

After, what felt like, a couple of hours had passed by I heard something familiar off in the distance. The gentle hum of the portal as someone was entering through it. "Oh Dreammm," I called out, snickering. "Dream I made something while you were gone!" I eventually pulled myself off the ground, sand sticking across the back of my shirt and in my hair, making it lay in awkward places. Rushing towards the portal excitedly I revisited my statement. "I made a chest room to put all my new things in it, I've been waiting to show you." I reached the portal, looking around for the green man I was so used too until my eyes landed on something familiar but unexpected.

"Tommy..."

"Tubbo..."

Silence engulfed us both as the tension rose. I rubbed my arm awkwardly and Tubbo's eyes sympathetically noticed my tattered state. Neither knowing what to say.

"Hi Tommy, it's me..." He said as if he was unsure it was true himself. I fought off a smile that attempted to form.

"Hello Tubbo."

He began to smirk, taking a couple of steps towards me. I snickered at the uncomfortableness we had created for no reason, taking steps towards him too. Before I knew it, we had embraced each other cheerily and he was telling me everything would be okay. Suddenly my brain flashed through the events of the weeks earlier, reminding me.

"You didn't visit me Tubbo."

"I'm here now, I'm sorry I-"

"You said the cruellest words to me, you broke my heart. You just stayed there while I worked my ass off to build a new home." My words spat like the embers of a fire at him.

"I just wanna make you feel okay..." My heart sank at his statement.

"I don't feel so good anymore Tubbo." I felt my knee's beginning to cave in on themselves as the reality at how tired I actually was, hit me. He rushed to my side, placing my arm around his shoulders and lifting me up. Our eyes met and we both flashed weak smiles at each other.

"I'm sorry Tommy, I truly am. This is all my fault but I'm here and I'm going to make it all better again. Please forgive me."

I giggled slightly, going into my pocket and pulling out my compass. "Tubbo, I spoke to you each day. I forgave you long ago." My brain went fuzzy and every inch of me feeling weak.

"Come on Tommy, we're going home." He stated firmly as he dragged me towards the portal, Ranboo stepping out from behind it. I hadn't even noticed him there until he came rushing to my other side and hoisting my other arm over his shoulders. He must have come with Tubbo. The portal noises flared around me. Red and orange blurred shapes came into view before my eyesight went dark.

"Wait, Dream, I need to wait for him." I managed to force out before I blacked out.