Epilogue - Dream.

- DREAM POV -

I brushed the soft brown hairs out of his face. He looked so peaceful for the first time in a long time. My fingertips gently grazed down the inside of his arm laying above his head, being ever so soft as to not wake him, stopping at his hand.

How long has it been since I felt your hand in mine George?

Too long.

I slowly interlocked my fingers with his, sighing as the comfort overwhelmed me. My ghostly colour contrasting against his pale skin. It was slightly amusing how we had always laughed at how pale he was but now I was even more so. I lay myself down behind him, being careful with every movement of my muscles. He needs sleep, I kept reminding myself. I shouldn't have been there in the first place like Sapnap said to me. If I'm not ready to see him, I should stay away until I am.

But it's just not possible is it? I yearn for his touch, his warmth, his scent, his smile, his voice. I crave George.

Just George.

I wrapped my free arm around him, resting my head in the crook of his neck. I inhaled deeply and slowly. "I miss you." My words were returned with silence. I wouldn't stay long I told myself, just a few minutes.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

Five minutes.

Ten minutes.

Thirty minutes.

One hour.

I was about to get up a leave, knowing I had long overdue my stay but something prevented me. I couldn't focus my mind on what it was until I noticed his hand squeeze mine ever so slightly. His body stirring from in front of me. His other arm was pulling mine so I was as close as possible. I shuffled to get comfortable as his honey brown eyes fluttered open. It took him a moment to process what was happening but he didn't jump out of my arms or question me like I thought he would, he simply smiled back at me over his shoulder. I opened my mouth to speak but he shook his head, as if telling me not too.

"Please, I haven't dreamt about you in so long. I don't want to risk waking up." His voice was quiet and gentle.

"George..." His body shuddered at what I can only assume was my voice saying his name. "You're not dreaming." I squeezed him kindly to show him. "I'm finally ready to be home."

"Dream?..." He turned his whole body around to face me, scanning me for falseness. I grinned as his hands tugged at my cheeks, distorting my face. It was a struggle to keep in my laughs but I knew it wasn't the time, he was simply trying to see if I was real. He pulled at my eyelids as if checking the colour of my eyes. His hand tugged at my hair slightly and palmed at the material of my hoodie. After a few moments it seemed he was satisfied I was real, as he stopped and back away slightly.

I don't know what I was expecting him to do. Jump for joy maybe? Laugh? Hold me? No.

He sobbed.

He punched my chest aggressively.

He shouted at me.

He called me an arsehole.

He told me I abandoned him.

He said he hated me.

"George come on, please calm down. I'm sorry. I know I should've come a long time ago. You needed me and I wasn't there. Well I was, I was watching over you but I couldn't show myself. I wasn't ready. I was scared. Please calm down. I'm here now and I won't leave." The words stumbled out of my mouth as I grasped him harder, his sobs muffled into my hoodie. We lay there for a while as I comforted him until his cries seemed to slow and his breathing became more rhythmic.