Chapter 5.

I sat on the stairs of the community house, legs dangling over the side, as I wrapped a bandage around my hand and arm. I felt my pulse surging through my veins towards the sharp cut on my palm. I had been sat in this spot the whole night and day, not an ounce of sleep supplying my body. Sighing I leaned forwards, letting my elbows rest on the railings as a single tear managed to release itself and fall onto my knee.

I've lost myself.

After wallowing in my own emotions for a few minutes, I pushed them to the side, pulled myself up and headed out in the direction of L'manburg. Wincing slightly as the fabric of my clothes rubbed against my wounds. I couldn't allow myself to stay and continue feeling sorry for myself.

Barrelling down the prime path, I noticed the world around me. All the buildings we had constructed as a community filled the desolate area, while my eyes flickered with pride. We had built everything for all of us to enjoy as a community. I peered to my side noticing the barren remains of Tubbo's old house before I tripped on a missing piece of the path. Gaining my balance back I scanned over the area with more attention, observing more holes in the route. Destruction couldn't stay away from the perfect land we had created. Destruction always followed, that's why we could never enjoy the creations collectively for long.

Continuing along the path past Tommy's house and under the bridge, the cascade of L'manburgs structures came into view. I hoped Fundy and Quackity weren't in the area I was heading past as the thought of participating in the relationship scam or arguing with Big Q about politics made me physically roll my eyes.

I had finally crossed the path and started walking down the side of the walls to the river before I heard and faint sniffle. "Tubbo?" I spotted him sat with his back against the walls, head in his hands.

"Oh, Dream, hi." The boy quickly wiped his flustered face and sat up. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to check on Tommy, make sure he's not doing anything stupid."

He smiled faintly. "He's always doing something stupid. It's our Tommy."

Our Tommy.

"I guess..." I uncomfortably shifted my weight between my feet, not wanting to leave Tubbo in a clearly distressed state but not wanting to stay any longer. "Are you okay?" He was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I miss him Dream. Do you think I did the right thing?"

"Tubbo." I knelt down in in front of him and placed a hand onto his shoulder, squeezing in reassurance. "You're president now. You did the right thing for your nation; you protected your citizens. Tommy has always been a loose cannon and brought chaos for L'manburg. I'm afraid if you hadn't of made the decision you did, he would've become just an image of himself with a mindset like Wilbur. The only difference being it would be over his discs and not the nation. He's doing fine, in all honesty Tubbo, he wasn't even thinking about you when we left or L'manburg. Only the discs."

Liar.

"I was untruthful to him Dream." He bit his lip, as if he wasn't sure what to say next. "I do care about the discs because they're important to him."

"Do you still have one?"

"No." He was lying. I knew Tommy had given him one of the discs but now was not the time to push further for it. Sometimes I had to allow a sympathetic side of me to come out. I nodded.

"I'll tell him you miss him." He didn't answer me, clearly caught up in his own head so I began to leave. Placing my boat carefully in the river and heading straight for Tommy's destination, only turning around a couple of times to make sure Tubbo wasn't following.