CHAPTER SIX

Vix was confuse on which leaf to put into the pot of brewing herbs. she smelt the first green leaf, it had a hint of mint, she smelt the second one, it had a hint of green grass and she was trying to create an invisibility portion. she tried to remember which one Grand Willow said was best.
'the green grass is another nature based plant, it's uses are....' it's uses are what? she couldn't remember, she sigh and tore a little out of the mint scented green leaf and put into the large pot, then she put all of the green leaf and stirred, she kept stirring till the green mixture turned dark red.
"Nice brewing skill Vix!"
Her lecturer was an old woman with a walking stick, she had grey hair and small brown eyes, though she was old and wrinkled, she had a breath taking smile.
"Thank you Madam Mesa"
Vix said not taking her eyes off the brew, most witches didn't realize but the number one secret for making a portion was to make sure you stir properly and give the portion all your attention. Safina was not in class with her, she wasn't taking their regular classes.
"Emmmm excuse me, which is more appropriate for a sleep portion? the Lime liquor or the Ocean Liquor"
"Both for a stronger effect, but ocean liquor for a softer effect"
"I see.."
she stared at the two bottles confusingly, then she smiled and poured the two inside, it bubbled and the blue portion over flowed
"Oh shit!"
The girl cursed Vix laughed
"It happens, whisper the words Kelashniko"
Vix whispered to her, the girl nodded and place her hand in front of the pot and whispered the words, the portion stopped bubbling and it turned white, the ones that over flowed absorbed into the pot
"Geez thanks"
"you're welcome"
"Vix were did you learn that spell?"
"emmm, my grand mother taught me all I know"
"your Grand mother?"
"she's dead"
"Oh I'm sorry"
Madam Mesa smiled at her kindly and moved to observe other students.
"Vix!!!"
Vix stopped stirring immediately she heard her name in her mind. she knew who was calling, no one needed to tell her
"Daphne!"
"Vix, I most tell you something before leaving"
"leaving? where are you going?"
"I withdrew from the Academy, I cannot be here with you anymore"
"why? but you promised to be here for me"
Vix panicked, what was Daphne saying? why was she leaving here? where was she going?
"Am going back to the forest, I'll still be looking over you, but please I need you to be okay, stay safe, for the time being, till I can find a way to protect you from there."
"Daphne please..."
"I have to go now Vix, you're a strong girl... I love you"
"Daphne!!!!!"
Even though she called her many times she couldn't hear her, Daphne had gone silent on her, she was gone, she couldn't feel her presence anymore. Why would Daphne do that to her? she left class early. If Daphne was withdrawing, she wouldn't stay here either, she wiped the tears from her cheeks, she needed help.
"Safina!"
***
Safina heard Vix call her, she pause from her work. she closed her eyes.
"Vix!"
"Where are you Safina?"
"What's wrong?"
she asked her, focusing on making sure nobody else could intrude into their mind conversation.
"Safina are you okay? why did you stop what you were doing?"
Her teacher and Aunt, Doris asked, watching her closely.
"nothing, but I can't continue class"
"Why?"
"I don't feel too well"
"what's wrong?"
Consign was written all over her face. Safina sigh and told Vix to wait for her in her room.
"I just need to rest Aunt"
"But you haven't finished your...."
"Aunty please.."
Safina cut her short and closed her spell book, she waved her hand in front of it and it shrunk to a regular book size
"Alright, take care of yourself, call me if you need anything and don't forget about the test"
"I won't Aunt"
She didn't want to walk back to her room, there were so many stairs, she teleported there. it surprised her when she appeared in her room that Vix was already there,
"Hi Vix"
How did Ayla reach her so fast, was her magic, advanced enough for her to teleport? how strong was Vix
"What's wrong?"
Vix tried to hold herself but she couldn't, the tears rolled down her cheeks. Safina went and held her, comforting her as she cried.
"Please Vix, talk to me"
"Daph... Daphne is gone"
"Gone where?"
"She left the academy, she withdrew"
"But why..."
Vix shook her head, she buried her face in Safina sweat shirt.
"I don't know"
Her voice was thick and low as she cried.
"How long have you known her?"
"since I was born, she's all the family I have left"
"oh you poor thing"
Safina kissed her head and drew her away from her sweat shirt, she wiped her tears.
"its okay, you'll be fine, you know why?"
Vix shook her head.
"Because you have a new family now, you have me and probably Ginger, mostly me"
Vix giggled a little, now sobbing quietly
"I just don't understand why she left, she promised to be here with me, she promised.."
"Honey I don't know why Daphne, broke her promise but I know she loves you, and from what I noticed that day, she's probably really sad for leaving you"
"I don't...."
"its okay, you're not alone Hon... you want to spend the night with me?"
"Yeah I would love that, but I am hanging out with someone this evening.."
"with who?"
Safina was surprised
"Ace, I don't know his surname, I met him at the left ward"
"Ace Drexel? you have a date with the Almighty Ace?"
"Its not a date, You know him?"
"who doesn't"
"what can you tell me about him?"
"Well very little, he keeps his life very private, but what I do know is that, he was a natural born vampire, among the rarest Vampires to be born, he grew up strong, studied in the Academy, fell in love with a witch and she killed him"
"She killed him?"
"Yes, she had a secret lover who was a werewolf, he was the one that killed Ace, after three months, on a full moon he came back to life, a hybrid, able to take revenge on the werewolf and his lover"
"He killed his lover?"
"No, the werewolf did, but rumor says Maroon had a hand in her death"
"WOW... that's deep.."
Vix didn't know how to react to this, should she still go out with him?
"And here he is again, at the Academy and after all this time here, no one has ever seen him with a woman, until you..."
Safina said thoughtfully. Vix cleared her throat
"Maybe I shouldn't..."
"No, you should totally go, don't let this rumors stop you from having a new friend.."
"Am not sure I want him as a friend anymore"
"oh why is that?"
"He killed his ex lover"
"Nobody knows that for sure, don't judge a book by the stories they claim is inside, wait till you read it for yourself"
as much as she hated admitting it, deep inside her, she still wanted to go out with Ace, no matter the rumors.
"just be careful"
"I will, I should probably get going.. I'll come over after hanging out with Maroon"
"I'll leave the door open"
"thank you so much Safina"
Vix hugged her tight before getting up to go, when she was at the door Safina stopped her.
" Wait, there's something I want to tell you"
"what is it?"
"be careful, the school is monitoring everyone, there's a test that every student most under go"
"what is this test about?"
Vix asked, alerted
"The test is mostly carried out when they are suspicion of Intruders or None-Magicals in the Academy, last I heard the test hasn't been conducted in almost 30 years"
"Really? do you know the process?"
"Not really but I heard they use magic so powerful, probably the Wind Mirror to reveal one's true nature"
"The Wind Mirror?"
"Yes, a magical object, obtained from Orgers, it reveals one's true identity, no matter the spell or disguise they use to conceal themselves"
Vix heart raced, what did this mean for her? should she still contact Grand Willow? Maybe she could find a way to skip the test
"And anyone that misses the test is considered an intruder immediately, so all students most be present"
Vix nodded, what was she to do? how on earth was she going to pass this test?
"Are you alright Vix? You look pale"
"I'm fine, just tired, had a tedious day"
"Of course brewing can be a draining process"
Safina said, losing her long white hair from the tight braid
"If I may, how long does one have to stay in the Academy?"
"If you exceptionally good and already familiar with your magic, you wouldn't have to spend more than a year and a few months, but rockies spend six years and more normals like you send 3 years, since you're already in your senior year"
"Oh!"
"How much time do you have left"
"Seven months"
Safina said and sat down, she picked up a brush and began brushing her hair, studying her face in the mirror"
"If you want to get out of here fast Vix, its either you withdraw or you are not just exceptionally Unique but unexpected"
Safina said not taking her eyes off her reflexion, Vix nodded
"Thank you for your help Safina, but I most go, see you soon"
Vix got up and went to her, pressing a kiss to her cheek"
"Enjoy yourself"
"I'll try my best"
Vix said and left.
***
She managed to return to her room, dress and prepare for her date with Ace. she was nervous, all the things Safina told her were eating her up but she didn't want to stand Ace up, maybe what she needed was a break and maybe she could get note information about the test from him. she wore a short flay, flowery dress. She's never gone out with a boy before, she's never liked a boy either. the only boy she knew was lost or dead, its been so long, she didn't know if it was a continuous dream that turned into a memory or he actually existed. Ginger was not around when she arrived or when she left.
***
Ace looked away from the night sky and there she was, beautiful, gorgeous and ravishingly dashing. Her long black curls were set lose, falling down her back, her shoulders and over her breast. Her red lips called out to him, tempting him. He remembered how he felt when he first saw her, his heart stopped, it felt like seeing an angel right before his eyes. He had been so memorized by her that they bumped into each other, when he held her in his arms, he had the urge to bury his teeth in her neck and lick her warm blood. Her scent almost made him lose his mind. She held on to the edge of her dress as the wind blew it all around exposing beautiful dark skin, the wolf inside him craved her, wanted her and was lost in her amber eyes. Her hair was all over the place, she made him weak in the knees, she made his heart race, he couldn't sleep a wink last night, she invaded his dreams, thought and mind, everything he did led to thinking about her. He knew what was happening, he's finally found his mate, the one who owned his restless heart and could give him peace. The only reason he hasn't rushed at her and devour her with kisses was because the last time he felt like this, the woman had put a steak through his heart.

Vix saw him, he looked like a tempting snack as he stood staring at the full moon. The moonlight did wonders to his sexy body, he really should be a model. He wore black plants, a shirt and a black leather jacket, the look suit his dark vampire features and body, and complemented his wolf personality. She felt something strange inside, as he turned and looked at her, she felt beautiful, inside, out.
"Are you done staring?"
There was something strange in his eyes as he spoke
"Me? stare? never, you were the one staring"
she said as she walked towards him. he laughed and her heart went racing.
"Alright I confess, guilty as charged, but you have to admit that you were staring too"
"No, I was staring at these Rosemary bushes behind you, the moonlight does wonders to them"
"yes...beautiful.."
He was looking at her as he spoke, she couldn't tear her gaze away, his scent was doing things to her. he gently brush hair from her face and her body temperature spiked, the spot he touched was cold, she wanted to touch his face, feel him, hold him, touch him him. she stepped back this was too much.
"so where to Mr Hybrid?'