Bullet through the heart

My eyes slowly opened to a white ceiling. I felt like as if I had been sleeping for years.

I tried to move my limbs but unfortunately I couldn't. Lifting my head I looked around at my surroundings.

It was a white room with the bed where I was lying on and monitors were beside me. A sleeping figure was beside my bed. His hand holding mine and his head slumped down uncomfortably.

Slowly I tried to sit up straight, not wanting to disturb the person beside me but I failed. The sleeping figure lifted up his head and looked at me.

His eyes were red due to lack of sleep and his hair was messed up. He kept staring at me, when he finally realized that I was up he called for the doctors.

"Whoa whoa calm down there bunny boy" I chuckled and teased him. How long was I asleep??

"Don't.You.Dare.Make.Me.Worried.Again" he snapped at me, although he looked more worried than angry.

"How long was I asleep?? And what's with all this monitors and stuff??" I asked observing the stuff that was stuck on the back of my hand.

"How long has she been awake??" The doctor came in and asked Jungkook.

"She woke up just now" he said and started speaking to someone on the phone.

"Miss Y/N, do you remember anything that happened before you collapsed??" The doctor now asked me.

"Umm.....I'm sure I was requested as backup and I went to help them" I said thinking hard about it.

"You were shot by twenty-two bullets, with one bullet piercing your heart" he really said that so casually

"Your self healing abilities were of no use and we found traces of some unknown chemicals on those bullets. Thankfully after they were removed you started healing" Thea spoke up walking near the bed where I was laying on. I didn't even know that she was here.

Suddenly the door burst open and six men barged in. They ran towards me and surrounded me, throwing questions all at once.

"Even though she's up, she needs some rest. I think she can be discharged tomorrow" with that the doctor made his way to the exit.

"Although we were able to bring the situation under control, your method was still foolish. Its just that you were lucky" Thea said and left the room to the eight of us.

"She's always so mean to me" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. We never got along, even when we were rookies.

"Don't say that. Do you know she was the one to stay up all night when you were unconscious here??" Jin nearly scolded me.

"Really??" I asked, regretting how I thought of her.

"You've been here for just one day and yet you made us so worried." Hobi remarked, throwing daggers at my direction with his stares. He looked kind of worried and angry at the same time.

At the back, Jungkook was standing there staring at the floor. His face had an expression which I couldn't understand. It was something only he could tell.

"Guys, can you give us some privacy?? I need to have a word with bunny boy" I asked looking at the said man.

Maybe the others understood why, so they quietly left until there were only two of us in the room.

"Jungkook??" I called but he didn't answer. He just stood there, frozen, with his hands balled into fists.

"Jungkook???" I called again. Nothing. He kept staring at the floor with a word.

"Jungkook, talk to me!!" This time I attempted to get up from the bed, but as soon as my bare foot touched the ground I yelped in pain.

It felt like as if I had just stepped on burning coals. Seeing my reaction, he snapped out from his daze and came to help me.

"Y/n are you okay?? Please tell me you're okay" he came near me in just a flash. He knelt down to check my foot, which had been magically injured.

It wasn't hurting anymore now but I didn't want to tell him that.

It wasn't because of a good reason though. It was because I was selfish. Whenever I got hurt people treated me as if I would be fine, but I was not.

Although I healed instantly it didn't prevent me from experiencing the pain. I also wanted someone to treat me normally, like someone who can get hurt.

With time I learned not expect these things because I was 'strong' but not everyone was like that.

I stared at him for a while. When I didn't respond to his question he looked up at me only to find me staring at him.

"Is anything wrong??" I asked

"It was when you were lying here unconscious" he replied and got up to sit beside me on the bed.

He held my hand between his and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Its my job Jungkook. I have to do my duties" I said and caressed his cheek with my other hand "Its what I chose to do and will continue to do so"

"Hmmm" he hummed and sighed

"What do you like about being a kpop idol??" I asked him out of the blue.

"Well...I like singing and I like that my fans can find hope and happiness in our songs. It makes them -"

"Happy and they feel encouraged" I completed it for him

"Do you feel the same??" He asked, his eyes were closed and not to mention he looked completely adorable.

"Yes. Living with you all for the past few weeks and listening to all your songs made me happy too" I said with a smile "and you know what?? You are the cause of my euphoria" I chuckled.

"You too"

"Can you sing those two line for me??" I was making way to many requests for now

"Take my hand now, you are the cause of my euphoria" he sang beautifully in his magical and mesmerizing voice.

We both sat there in the room with our hands in each other's and his head resting on my shoulder.

I hope you'll be fine without me, bunny boy.

_________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys!! Nothing much happened here and it's quite senti. I'll not say more because maybe you'll not be interested in reading the nonsense that I write down here.

But what does the last line mean??

Please vote comment and maybe share too.

Bye 👋