Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Article

-----

I wore my loose white t-shirt that I tucked inside my lilac pleated skirt which matched my lilac beret. I also wore my black ankle heel boots which matched with my black designer handbag.

I put my hair in a clean low ponytail while my face was wearing a natural makeup. I also wore my cat sunglasses that I was endorsing before walking out of my car.

We were at Kawit, Cavite where the competition will be held. Cara was with me, calming herself because she was way nervous than I am. Kim was filming me for my vlog while my father was already seated with Grandy on their seats.

I also saw some of my high school classmates who were free today because they were too curious about me. They know that I don't know how to draw, but I became a popular artist, that's why. I know they already saw some of my artwork on social medias, but they still want me to see paint in live.

There were so many people watching the event because there were also some of popular artist. Before the competition begins, we all take photos at the stage with the host and the judges.

When the competition begun, I was just calm and started painting my outline. I could hear loud cheers from my friends and family, but I didn't bother to be distracted because this event can help Parfait.

Good thing that I still praticed what I will paint today because Cara was pressuring me. She said that I might lose because there will be some of the popular artists. Wala naman talaga akong pakialam sa contest pero para sa Parfait, gagawin ko.

My sunglasses was already on top of my head while I was too focus brushing my paintbrush on the canvas. The host only gave us two hours to paint our masterpiece which challenged me so much.

"Let's see Miss Kae Santos's work for now," The host talked as she looked at my canvas. "Wow. That's a lot of people. Do you think you can finish painting in two hours with all of those details?"

"I'm sure I can finish it." I said calmly.

"As you can see, Miss Kae Santos is totally calm and at ease right now. She doesn't look nervous at all!"

Hindi ko pinansin ang maingay na host at pinagpatuloy na lamang ang pagpipinta. Nang matapos ang dalawang oras ay saktong sakto sa pagbaba ko ng paintbrush ko. Natapos ako sa oras.

Isa-isa kaming pinaakyat sa stage by our numbers. I was number 16 so medyo matagal tagal pa ako.

The judges will scoring the paint by the meaning of it, content, and on how could you read the meaning of the painting. 25 for its meaning. 45 for its content. 30 for how could you read the meaning of it. In the total of 100 score.

Other artists' works are literally good. I expected it to be like that since they were international artists unlike me, I'm painting for money.

When it's my turn, I put my canvas on the easel where all the cameras and eyes were on. I heard my sister's loud voice cheering for me when my work was already on the screen.

"Miss Kae, could you please tell us the meaning of your painting?" The host asked before giving me the microphone.

I sighed before facing the audience. My friends and family were shouting for my name while waiting for me to talk.

I looked around and smiled when I saw my high school classmates cheering for me loudly while waiting for the meaning of my painting.

Dati pa man ay talagang suportado na nila ang bawat isa sa section naming iyon. Hindi mawawala ang kanilang masasayang mga mukha at malalakas na boses sa kahit na ano mang sitwasyon. Iyon ang tumatak sa aking puso't isipan sa tuwing naaalala ko sila.