Dreams ³

"MAMÁ! WE HAVE TO SAVE HIM!" You pleaded, kneeling in front of the goddess that only kept a clean slated face but could only offer pity for you

"I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to stop the future from happening. It's a punishment to humanity." She replied.

You looked at her in disbelief. "You can control the time, can't you? You can control everything! Yes, they were greedy and selfish, but why must they go through this? The poor innocents! Why, Mamá?!"

"You are no wonder woman, my dear. Time isn't something you can tamper with, along with what is to happen." With that, she stood from her seat and walked away. You watched as she left. You hopelessly fell to the ground, silently fuming in anger.

Every night as you two would fall asleep, you would visit him in his dreams. Even once, he brought a wooden music box with your initials. He told you to just wind it up and music would be made. You followed his instructions and now, the trees and the wind didn't have to sing for you two.

Only the box of wonder.

"I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream." He sang. You frowned.

"What are you singing? You sound horrible!" You said naively to which he laughed at and shook his head, not taking what you just said to heart.

"The music on the box. My mother used to sing it to me every night."

"Where is she now?"

"Somewhere peaceful with my father."

***

"I- I have to leave for war, Y/N. Can you still visit me?"

"To the very end."

***

"They even made us crawl through mud!"

"No way!"

***

"I saw a mother and a child in one of the alleys and they were very dirty. I even doubt they ate!"

"I will see what I can do about that."

***

"I did it! I begged my mother to create a garden of fruits and vegetables near the destroyed town where only the poor can go. Of course, you'll have to lead them to it."

"Does your mother know about us?"

"She does and told me I shouldn't be interacting with a mortal in such a very friendly way."

***

"Are you okay, Y/N?"

"I'm fine."

***

"Once I left for the war, I felt unsure and scared, Y/N."

"Don't be. I will learn more of my abilities so I can guide you all the way. Remember, Louis, I'm everywhere. I sit on the stars and clouds. I will protect you."