Dreams

WHAT DOES IT EVER feel like? Trudging the soils of the Earth with your feet touching the grass? Or even the sun hitting your skin

WHAT DOES IT EVER feel like? Trudging the soils of the Earth with your feet touching the grass? Or even the sun hitting your skin. You smiled down to the beautiful nature your mother has created.

"Mamá, can I go down there?" You asked.

She sighed and kissed your head. "Never, darling. The world of mortals is dangerous."

"But, you created it."

"I did. They were peaceful and loving then, but now everything has changed because of greed and selfishness. Once they find out what you are, they will do cruel things and I can't risk that."

"I'm immortal, Mamá. Just like you are!" You protested.

"You don't understand, dear. Once you set foot in the world of mortals, you'll become one of them."

You looked at the green trees hopelessly as your mother walked away. Upon looking, you see a boy running into the forest. Yes, you've seen millions of people, but there was something drawing you into this one.

You carefully watched the boy. He looked up to the sky where you sat, but he saw no one. You can't be seen. You're an invisible force above the cotton skies. You examined his face and blushed. He was . . . pretty.

He began to run again and you followed, stepping on the clouds abiding his trail down below then above.

'A mortal. A mortal of perfect features! How?'

You frowned and almost fell when you tried to follow him further, but when you tried to look at the sunset and returned your gaze back to the boy, he was gone.

You stopped and turned in every way possible. He was nowhere to be found.

"No," you whispered. The bell rang for you to retreat to your home with your mother. You sighed and looked down to the ground below, "I shall find you again."

That night, you laid down on your bed with a white rose on your hand, gifted by your half-mortal servant who just recently came down to earth to give a full report of the war that's about to happen between England and Germany.

You pondered over the boy in the forest near the green meadow. For a moment there, you forgot he was a mortal, but as it seems, you found yourself smiling whenever you think of him. Is this how fast mortal feelings develop as what your Mamá had said? If so, what could it mean? You're not a mortal, yet you still feel these sorts of things.

'Oh, you were attracted to his charming face, but what would his personality be?'

You stopped and realised. You have power. A power to get into people's heads, visit them in their dreams and see their future every now and then.

What if you visit the boy in his slumber?

You giggled and put the rose on your stomach, holding it with both hands as you tried to sleep, summoning the energy you need to use for your ability to work the way it should.

As you were swallowed by the darkness, the rose in your hands scattered into pieces of bright yellow lights that flew around your room like fireflies.

Not a minute longer, you found yourself standing in the middle of the same meadow but under the moonlight. Your white nightgown that only reached your ankles shone bright as the crescent moon reflected the bending colour. Your hair was down, following the phase of the wind. You let out a breath of triumph.

You've done it! You're in the boy's dream!

You looked around to find him and there he was, standing behind you, watching as the fireflies lingered in your presence. He had his mouth open, hands frozen and the ground so still beneath his feet. A cashmere flat cap sat above his head as his hopeful eyes stared at you.

You slowly smiled.

He was still paralysed, and that's when a tear came down to his cheeks making you frown in bewilderment . . . until a word slipped from his tongue causing your body to shiver.

"You."