Courtroom Flirt

CAPITAL LETTERS ࿐ྂ
           🏹ׅ۬∙           
Courtroom Flirt

YOU NEVER WANTED TO BE a lawyer, but here you are now, standing in front of the judge and the juries, fighting for the defendant.

You were never even the best one out there and you're still wondering why you're here. Snapping out of your thoughts, you stared back at the juries who tentatively listened from the jury box.

"The night Marjorie was declared missing, the defendant helped their family search for her resulting a very unfortunate discovery. Now, may I propose a hypothetical?", she asked the juries, the judge and the witness.

"If you must."

"What if the defendant knew this secret spot near the beach and guessed that this would be where her sister is hiding? As said by the witness, they were close." The girl spoke, looking at everyone.

"How did you know about the secret spot?"

"She told me a few weeks after we met."

"When was the last time you saw the defendant and her sister Marjorie fight?", she asked the boy in the stand.

"Last week."

"About what?"

"A guy. Matt. They fought over him."

"Did any of them tell you anything? Anything at all?"

"No."

"But, as soon as you found out about the defendant getting arrested, did you have any doubts  "

"Objection! How is this relevant?", You heard as you turned to look at the boy in the plaintiff's table as he looked at the judge with a determined look.

"Objection sustained."

"No more questions, Your Honor." You then walked back to your table watching as the guy named Louis stood up to go to the open space, ready to ask his question.

"As you said earlier, the defendant and her sister fought over a guy. Are there any more issues that you think happened?", he asked the boy.

He only shook his head, "No."

"When did you last see Marjorie?"

"Around 5 PM or something."

"And she was...?"

"Normal. Happy and jumpy as usual."