Alliance AU

CAPITAL LETTERS ࿐ྂ
           🏹ׅ۬∙           
Alliance AU

LOUIS PARTRIDGE. Yes, the boy who told you that you can't rule the kingdom you inherited. The exact same boy who told you his kingdom is not open to any of your shenanigans.

You were supposed to be the best of friends until eventually, you grew apart just because of one other girl who isn't a part of the living anymore thanks to you.

You and his kingdom have been targets of a large one and you now have no choice but to be allies in order to prevent your lands from a power hungry shark.

"Will you sit down? You're pacing around for the past thirty minutes. You're pissing me off." You heard him speak.

"Get pissed all you want. This is how I focus and get myself to think of ideas to protect my people." You snapped.

He audibly groaned and rolled his eyes, raising his index finger to his temple as he rested his elbow on the table.

"We are going to be fine, Y/N/N. We have enough weapons to use against them and a few of our nobles are to be married to the people of that bloody kingdom."

"Did you just call me by my nickname?", you asked.

"Does it matter?", Louis asked, looking at you.

You rolled your eyes. "Those noble marriages aren't enough to stop this war. Whatever we do, they can and they will betray us. We have to play smart, Louis."

"I would tell you to stop panicking but, then it occurred to me I would also like to see how this ends."

"We're seventeen! How am I supposed to know shit about ruling over this land?"

"And there she goes..."

"You know what? If it isn't for you, they wouldn't have found out about the treasure!"

"I thought they have enough treasure already that they wouldn't bother messing with ours!"

He stood up and now you're both arguing, yelling at each other, blaming things back and forth, walking closer and closer.

"I told you  ", he was cut off by your quick response to his starter,

"You told me I can't rule! I guess you're right! Is that what you want me to say?!", you flared, tears streaming down your cheeks. Your breathing was heavy and fast as rage took over your whole body controlling the way you act.

He couldn't say anything. He just looked at you, his face softening. You noticed him leaning which made you shut your eyes close and push him away from you.

"Stop it! Just stop giving me false hopes! You're like this every goddamn time!", you shouted.

"Stop yelling! You don't know how much I tried to push you away, Y/N. You don't know how much I endured being alone, regretting all the words I left you with." He replied. He slowly and cautiously took a few steps forward towards you. "I wanted you to stay, but I couldn't bring myself to ask you because I know how much pain I'll cause you. I  ", he struggled to say it.

"You don't have to say you love me because I know it's not even true."

"But, I do. It is true," he said, placing his hands carefully on your cheeks, caressing them as he wiped the your tears with his thumb.

"I didn't want to admit it for a long time. If only I could turn back the time, I'll replace all those words I've uttered. Loving you is like fire, Y/N. So endearing, mesmerising, wild and bright yet so painful when finally touched. I couldn't reach out for you because I know I'm not good enough. I knew that even if I tried, I would burn myself."

You looked at his glistening watery eyes and looked down.

"I now realized," he continued. "I was just scared. I could do it after all, but I just wouldn't."

"I love you, Y/N. Even the stars in the night sky couldn't tell anyone how much. You can rule, you can do everything you put your mind to. I admire you everyday. The memories are engraved in my head and I'm thankful. I replay them everytime. Even in my dreams I could see those dazzling e/c eyes and lovely h/c hair. I could hear your laugh everyday. Such music to my ears. Even the songs of the trooping birds in the early morning couldn't compare. I'm like a winged termite, a fiend for you and your flame's light. I will endlessly tell you how much I adore you, but you see, we have a battle to fight."

"I'm telling you this for we are not sure if one of us can survive and I want to die knowing that I have professed my feelings and affections. My words for you are noble steed. Proud and true."

"I lend you my trust and I believe what has escaped from your lips. Now, promise me it's not a mirror to you and then your confession is sealed." You replied.

You watched as his lips moved, beginning to speak, "I promise."

Your lips slowly formed a smile.

He leaned closer to your ears.

"Say it and you shall be mine."

"I love you."