Dreams ²

YOUR KNEES STARTED TO weaken as you heard that word from him

YOUR KNEES STARTED TO weaken as you heard that word from him. A lump on your throat formed. "You know me?" You asked. He didn't answer. Instead, he ran towards you, tackling you with a hug.

"I saw you above the clouds! Since I was little, we would play together! You would always visit me in my dreams, and I would make you flower crowns. Every single time you appear, there will be fireflies surrounding you!" He exclaimed. "Where have you been? You've left for many years, I thought I'd gone mad, thinking you were some sort of illusion."

"I'm sorry. I —"

"Am I mad?" He asked the both of you, whispering as his hold of you loosened. "Is this a trick?"

Your face softened as visions started to appear before your eyes. Your mouth twitched, your arms slowly wrapping around the boy to keep him close to you, not wanting to let go for a minute as you took in how much you've missed your childhood friend.

"You're — "

"Louis." He answered in delight.

A sob escaped your lips. "Louis!"

"I missed you so much! I missed you! You were the only friend I had back then. They would always pick on me when I tell them about you! I missed how you would always tell me not to mind them! Don't you remember? We used to play on the rivulet under the stars! Nature would talk to us both and we would sing along with the wind as the trees swayed in every tune."

You pulled away. "And — and, you told me. You told me you would leave. I begged you not to and you promised, but you still left. Every night I would sleep early just so we could have more time together, but you never came."

You frowned once again. Why don't you remember some of it?

"I — " You started. "I'm sorry."

He looked at you. The boy that you saw earlier with a smile on his face as he ran was gone. Instead, what's before you is a broken mortal, upset about your very long departure. He shook his head and pulled something from his bag.

There you saw a crown of white roses. You looked up to him. "I never forgot," he mumbled quietly. He then carefully placed it above your head and kissed the back of your hand.

"Your Majesty," he said, making you laugh despite the emotional lump on your throat. "Would you care to dance with a lowly peasant like me?" Louis looked at you sympathetically and offered his hand so you could take it.

"It's okay, Y/N. I understand." He said, giving you a reassuring smile.

You nodded and placed your hand on his. As if everything was on cue, the wind whistled peculiarly and the rusting of the trees created music. Some of the nocturnal animals began to make noise as well until everything seemed to come to life. You two danced under the stars again. The celestial bodies of his mind and the creative things in his dream.

Your hand holding his has never felt more ecstatic. Just like that, with every turn and twirl, you would remember, hearing the voices of the past.

"Do you really have to go?"

"Yes."

You smiled weakly.

"Fine. I won't leave."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

You looked at his glistening eyes, seeing the happiness of his soul. You gave him that look of admiration and once he twirled you again to hold you close, you never broke eye contact.

You lifted your hand and cupped his cheek from your side. His heart was racing. So was yours.

"I left."

"Yes."

"But my feelings never did."

He stopped, slowly breaking the distance between you. And just by that, he finally kissed you, pouring you all of the bottled feelings he's kept for so long. During this chaste moment, you accidentally saw another thing you shouldn't have.

His future.

You saw the firearms, the bombs, the arrows and the fire. You heard guns fire, screams echoing in the middle of destruction, and the sound of breaking humanity.

One last vision of his destiny, you saw his body, lifeless on the ground with his eyes closed.

You gasped and pulled away from him.

He looked taken aback. "What's wrong?"

You took deep breaths and looked down, "Nothing." You took a shaky breath. "Nothing at all."